U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 03:46 PM

5,262 posts, read 3,973,611 times

Advertisements

I am frustrated that my 4 phone calls and 2 letters to the editor have failed to relieve me of the throwing on my driveway each Sunday of the publication “Sunday Select” — an advertiser by the Las Vegas Review Journal.

I have been promised 4 times by customer service reps and once got a personal phone call back after sending a letter to the editor. Each time promising the trespassing and littering will stop, only to resume shortly again.

I strongly believe the Las Vegas Review Journal is a danger to safeguarding my home if this litter lingers on my driveway while we are away. My neighbors all travel a lot and I can’t rely on anyone to watch my driveway. Any of you have recommendations on how to get this to stop? This newspaper is a horrible community partner and I feel such anger and hatred towards this publication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 04:13 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,270,687 times
You should find someone to check in on your house on at least a weekly basis whether or not the LVRJ stops delivering to you. And make sure you winterize your place before you leave. I had a relative who's house flooded because they didn't shut off the water before leaving on their extended trip.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
You should find someone to check in on your house on at least a weekly basis whether or not the LVRJ stops delivering to you. And make sure you winterize your place before you leave. I had a relative who's house flooded because they didn't shut off the water before leaving on their extended trip.
Thanks; we’re very experienced at prepping the physical house before traveling. And we have a community patrol in our neighborhood that does daily house checks as part of our HOA services. They will not, however, pick up yard trash or throw out newspapers. So, its pretty ridiculous that I should have to pay someone to come and clear my property of litter thrown by the LVRJ.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:18 PM

455 posts, read 181,425 times
I asked them to stop years ago because I don't read it at all. They did for a while but I think things started again when the delivery driver probably changed out.

If you have a no soliciting sign up it may fall under the county solicitation law.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:43 PM

2,545 posts, read 2,586,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Thanks; we’re very experienced at prepping the physical house before traveling. And we have a community patrol in our neighborhood that does daily house checks as part of our HOA services. They will not, however, pick up yard trash or throw out newspapers. So, its pretty ridiculous that I should have to pay someone to come and clear my property of litter thrown by the LVRJ.
Take a photo of it and Tweet to all the local news agencies in town and the newspaper. See if you can have your HOA send a letter to the RJ to stop delivering the paper and littering your community. Maybe they can warn RJ and charge them for the additional costs of cleaning up the community. I'm sure your household is not the only one receiving the garbage.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:58 PM

1,975 posts, read 2,180,253 times
I don't like it either. Planned on sending them an email requesting they stop delivering it to my house, but so many yelp reviewers say they won't stop.

Old 01-14-2019, 12:17 AM
Status: "My cat is smarter than your cat." (set 10 days ago)

9,806 posts, read 21,815,706 times
At one time we had 3 free years of papers from the RJ. They all went into the recycle bins unread. They should never force papers on those that do not want them. I know they want people to subscribe but forcing unwanted papers on people is not the way to do it. And who needs a paper delivered anymore? No one. It's out dated and old fashioned. Belongs in a museum.

The best thing I can think of for the OP is to ask a neighbor to pick up the paper they toss at your place when they pick up theirs. Then they can toss it in the recycle bin. Someone should be able to help with this.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:28 AM

245 posts, read 125,856 times
https://www.homewatcherlv.com/
https://www.facebook.com/HomeWatcherLv/

This is the place to go. Highly recommended. He takes away my newspapers if it happens that I travel.
Very reasonable priced.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:11 AM

30 posts, read 9,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
I am frustrated that my 4 phone calls and 2 letters to the editor have failed to relieve me of the throwing on my driveway each Sunday of the publication “Sunday Select” — an advertiser by the Las Vegas Review Journal.

I have been promised 4 times by customer service reps and once got a personal phone call back after sending a letter to the editor. Each time promising the trespassing and littering will stop, only to resume shortly again.

I strongly believe the Las Vegas Review Journal is a danger to safeguarding my home if this litter lingers on my driveway while we are away. My neighbors all travel a lot and I can’t rely on anyone to watch my driveway. Any of you have recommendations on how to get this to stop? This newspaper is a horrible community partner and I feel such anger and hatred towards this publication.
My HOA in Summerlin was able to get this practice stopped. Contact your HOA.

Old Today, 10:58 AM

I sent my 3rd letter to the editor today. I also have contacted the head of the Neighborhood Watch in our community and I am going to appear before our HOA board of directors to see about getting a community petition started.

I haven’t received a single response this go around from the LVRJ.

I absolutely abhor the LVRJ and woud not subscribe to the regualar newspaper because of this problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or