U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 07:25 PM

11,484 posts, read 4,175,254 times

Advertisements

The problem is you need standing to do anything. Standard deal is a copy of the deed and the ownership record from the assessor site. And a form giving you the authority to dump the squatters if you are not the owner of record.

The HOA can eventually get a court order evicting them if they do not meet the HOA requirements. And as LVA suggested you may be able to get the public administrator to take a role. But until someone has actually got control of the property there is little that can be done.

And if the squatters have some connection to the deceased owner it may well take forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 10:10 AM

372 posts, read 64,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Oh yes... And take those videos and publicly post them on YouTube. Put right in the description the names of the agencies that refuse to help. I did that too.. then sent them all links to the video so they could watch it.
What was the result?

Old 01-31-2019, 08:59 PM

1,076 posts, read 1,170,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And if the squatters have some connection to the deceased owner it may well take forever.
My first thought was that they almost have to, to have known that the house was vacant and to have gained access to it.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:12 PM

3 posts, read 1,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
My first thought was that they almost have to, to have known that the house was vacant and to have gained access to it.
UPDATE: Unfortunately this is correct. The “squatters” are druggie friends of the deceased’s nephew. The police are at the house at leased three times a week. I have showed henderson police pictures of them smoking crack in the backyard. They say there is nothing they can do. The yard is full of trash and weeks and they have tin foil as window coverings. I found out from the cops they’re all under 28, but they use one of there parents( who is older than 55) name on the lease. There are constantly people coming and going buying drugs. I have now accepted that this is how it is going to be and I am just learning to deal with it. Thanks for all the advice.

Old Today, 08:22 PM

29 posts, read 6,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Listen to the slumlord, he knows best
this made me LOL, I am actually not a landlord I just have really bad luck in the neighbor department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmretiree View Post
UPDATE: Unfortunately this is correct. The “squatters” are druggie friends of the deceased’s nephew. The police are at the house at leased three times a week. I have showed henderson police pictures of them smoking crack in the backyard. They say there is nothing they can do. The yard is full of trash and weeks and they have tin foil as window coverings. I found out from the cops they’re all under 28, but they use one of there parents( who is older than 55) name on the lease. There are constantly people coming and going buying drugs. I have now accepted that this is how it is going to be and I am just learning to deal with it. Thanks for all the advice.

yaaaap that sounds about right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas