U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-25-2019, 03:01 PM
 
3 posts, read 1,275 times
Reputation: 18

Advertisements

I live in Sun City anthem and my next door neighbor died a five months ago. Almost 3 months ago squatters ( five young adults) moved in. They are a under 35. Since that time the police have been called by me and neighbors at least 12 times. Needless to say they have trashed the house. There 4 vehicles have left oil stains all over the street. Myself and neighbors have had multiple packages stolen since they moved in. Weíve already alerted the hoa, but is there anyway to make this hell end faster? Iím 81 years old and canít put up with this crap anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-25-2019, 03:28 PM
 
11,477 posts, read 4,175,254 times
Reputation: 5013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmretiree View Post
I live in Sun City anthem and my next door neighbor died a five months ago. Almost 3 months ago squatters ( five young adults) moved in. They are a under 35. Since that time the police have been called by me and neighbors at least 12 times. Needless to say they have trashed the house. There 4 vehicles have left oil stains all over the street. Myself and neighbors have had multiple packages stolen since they moved in. Weíve already alerted the hoa, but is there anyway to make this hell end faster? Iím 81 years old and canít put up with this crap anymore.
The owner or the HOA are the only way to fix. The HOA can get them evicted but only if there is not an over 55 in residence. And the new residents may have one...does not have to be there all the time merely claiming to live there and an occasional appearance.

If they are actually squatters the owner can easily get them removed. There is a procedure at the Henderson Police Dept to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2019, 03:38 PM
 
3 posts, read 1,275 times
Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The owner or the HOA are the only way to fix. The HOA can get them evicted but only if there is not an over 55 in residence. And the new residents may have one...does not have to be there all the time merely claiming to live there and an occasional appearance.

If they are actually squatters the owner can easily get them removed. There is a procedure at the Henderson Police Dept to do so.
Theyíre definently squatters. The guy who died had no family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2019, 05:11 PM
 
10,350 posts, read 8,804,741 times
Reputation: 6141
Who's paying the Mortgage HOA fee? If no one the HOA could foreclose, take it over and kick them out.

And didn't NV and/or Clark County pass anti-squatting legislation during the housing crisis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2019, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
538 posts, read 445,462 times
Reputation: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmretiree View Post
Theyíre definently squatters. The guy who died had no family.
If he had no family, and nothing is happening with the probate case, contact the Public Administrator's office, who may be able to get the ball rolling. Definitely faster than trying to wait until a bank or HOA forecloses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2019, 07:21 PM
 
536 posts, read 197,106 times
Reputation: 300
Contact Channel 13. Contact the Clark county commissioner for your district and CC channel 13 on all of it. File at clarkconnect and contact the sherriff's office as well.

Look up the squatter law, bookmark it, and keep quoting it to everyone at Metro and the county who tells you they can't do anything about it.

If the property is being handled by an agent, find out who they are and contact them every time you see the squatters.

Take photos and video.

Document, document, document. When metro doesn't remove them, get badge #s, names, and incident numbers. Open IA investigations for every failure to remove the squatters and forward the info to channel 13 and the county commissioners.

Stay on all of the appropriate agencies and don't let up until the problem is resolved. That's what I did... Anyways. Took several months to get them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2019, 07:24 PM
 
536 posts, read 197,106 times
Reputation: 300
Oh yes... And take those videos and publicly post them on YouTube. Put right in the description the names of the agencies that refuse to help. I did that too.. then sent them all links to the video so they could watch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2019, 04:07 PM
 
1,738 posts, read 982,009 times
Reputation: 1373
Talk to the electric company.....if they are paying on the deceased's account, they will want to take action....maybe show them a death notice. Surprised they don't have dogs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2019, 06:35 PM
 
Location: Spring Valley
29 posts, read 6,514 times
Reputation: 29
Evictions are handled by the Constable. Trying to get any other agency to do anything about it is a waste of time -- trust me, I have been through this four times.

https://www.clarkcountynv.gov/consta...s/default.aspx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2019, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
2,002 posts, read 1,389,618 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by geriatricjerry View Post
Evictions are handled by the Constable. Trying to get any other agency to do anything about it is a waste of time -- trust me, I have been through this four times.

https://www.clarkcountynv.gov/consta...s/default.aspx
Listen to the slumlord, he knows best
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top