U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 08:33 AM

12 posts, read 2,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Are there fully furnished apartment options with either month to month rent or six month duration leases in Henderson does anyone know? Thereís a remote chance Iíll need to sell my house and pull the equity out before buying in Vegas and we may only need an apartment for a few months so Iíd rather live like a spartan and keep my real stuff in storage with the moving company while we look at houses. But I wouldnít know what are good apartments fitting my description (2 bedroom would be fine). Money is no issue, whatever it costs it costs, but I just donít want to end up somewhere lousy while weíre looking. We made the decision we are definitely 100% moving this year after our wedding, later Sept or October. Fingers crossed I can just put a down payment down on a house before selling my current house but Iím waiting for a deal to close at the end of June.
Congrats! I know this has been a long time coming for you guys, as it has for us. Weíre finally pulling the trigger and relocating this summer, and weíre considering the same thing (booking short term rental while our new build is finalized). Airbnb is probably the best option. You can occasionally also find a furnished listing on Zillow, but those are pretty rare. There are also ďcorporate housingĒ sites, but they charge an arm and a leg for really ugly and outdated houses. So weíre leaning towards Airbnb or even a hotel for a month or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 02:13 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,720,066 times
Quote:
Are there fully furnished apartment options with either month to month rent or six month duration leases in Henderson does anyone know? There’s a remote chance I’ll need to sell my house and pull the equity out before buying in Vegas and we may only need an apartment for a few months so I’d rather live like a spartan and keep my real stuff in storage with the moving company while we look at houses. But I wouldn’t know what are good apartments fitting my description (2 bedroom would be fine). Money is no issue, whatever it costs it costs, but I just don’t want to end up somewhere lousy while we’re looking. We made the decision we are definitely 100% moving this year after our wedding, later Sept or October. Fingers crossed I can just put a down payment down on a house before selling my current house but I’m waiting for a deal to close at the end of June.
Then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCVH View Post
Congrats! I know this has been a long time coming for you guys, as it has for us. We’re finally pulling the trigger and relocating this summer, and we’re considering the same thing (booking short term rental while our new build is finalized). Airbnb is probably the best option. You can occasionally also find a furnished listing on Zillow, but those are pretty rare. There are also “corporate housing” sites, but they charge an arm and a leg for really ugly and outdated houses. So we’re leaning towards Airbnb or even a hotel for a month or so.
Are we talking to ourselves under different screen names now?

Writing patterns are just like fingerprints.

Old 03-03-2019, 03:53 PM

4,645 posts, read 5,540,151 times
Umm what?? That’s the most bizarre accusation I’ve seen on City Data in my 12 years or whatever it is. The moderators can verify screennames by the way so I’ll just leave it at that.

Airbnb is a good option, I hadn’t even thought of that. Long term like that could maybe save some money too. I just think it’d be a nightmare trying to move stuff into an apartment versus just putting essentials in our SUV and living off that stuff until we find the right home. It could be a few months but hopefully not bad.

I’m still holding out hope it won’t be necessary because we should be able to make a downpayment without selling this house first but that won’t be known until June 30. Either way though I got tired of waiting and decided we’re moving either way. I’ve been happier ever since making the decision as at least it puts things back in my hands! We ended up deciding the sweet spot in Vegas seems to be $800,000 or so. I honestly cannot figure out the market, because I see literally last week a modern 4,500 square foot home in a good part of Henderson for $800K with a nice lot and a 4,200 outdated home for $1.35M in the same area. I’m not seeing any value between $800K and even twice that price. You’re not getting more house, a better house, a larger yard, a better area.... nothing. I’d love to ask a real estate agent what’s going on that a market could have similar houses at such drastically different prices. Around $2M to $2.5M you start to see a huge difference and that’s the next value point to me. So we just figured let’s stick to $800K for a house, I’ll end up owning it free and clear which is just great peace of mind honestly and I’ve seen a bunch of houses at that level that have the things we want so that’s exciting to me. No reason to spend more just because you can, I’d rather be more conservative and put myself in a better situation going forward.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Umm what?? Thatís the most bizarre accusation Iíve seen on City Data in my 12 years or whatever it is. The moderators can verify screennames by the way so Iíll just leave it at that.
12 years?

Old 03-03-2019, 11:18 PM

5,048 posts, read 8,913,027 times
Quote:
Umm what?? Thatís the most bizarre accusation Iíve seen on City Data in my 12 years or whatever it is. The moderators can verify screennames by the way so Iíll just leave it at that.

Airbnb is a good option, I hadnít even thought of that. Long term like that could maybe save some money too. I just think itíd be a nightmare trying to move stuff into an apartment versus just putting essentials in our SUV and living off that stuff until we find the right home. It could be a few months but hopefully not bad.

Iím still holding out hope it wonít be necessary because we should be able to make a downpayment without selling this house first but that wonít be known until June 30. Either way though I got tired of waiting and decided weíre moving either way. Iíve been happier ever since making the decision as at least it puts things back in my hands! We ended up deciding the sweet spot in Vegas seems to be $800,000 or so. I honestly cannot figure out the market, because I see literally last week a modern 4,500 square foot home in a good part of Henderson for $800K with a nice lot and a 4,200 outdated home for $1.35M in the same area. Iím not seeing any value between $800K and even twice that price. Youíre not getting more house, a better house, a larger yard, a better area.... nothing. Iíd love to ask a real estate agent whatís going on that a market could have similar houses at such drastically different prices. Around $2M to $2.5M you start to see a huge difference and thatís the next value point to me. So we just figured letís stick to $800K for a house, Iíll end up owning it free and clear which is just great peace of mind honestly and Iíve seen a bunch of houses at that level that have the things we want so thatís exciting to me. No reason to spend more just because you can, Iíd rather be more conservative and put myself in a better situation going forward.
Yeah I'm sure tons of people posting here are trying to decide between 800k homes too. You sure talk like someone whose been in the LA/Portland bubble too long

Old Yesterday, 01:33 AM

819 posts, read 566,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post

Are we talking to ourselves under different screen names now?

Writing patterns are just like fingerprints.
You caught em. And hey, 10, 12, same thing right?

Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM

12 posts, read 2,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
You caught em. And hey, 10, 12, same thing right?
Iím stumped why folks would assume that I am Jonathan. But itís a moot point, really. If thatís what tickles your pickle, go ahead and continue believing it!

Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM

25 posts, read 6,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCVH View Post
Iím stumped why folks would assume that I am Jonathan. But itís a moot point, really. If thatís what tickles your pickle, go ahead and continue believing it!
Iím just a Newby here and honestly I appreciate everyoneís feedback and input, personally I donít care whether a poster is the same person with 5 screenames or not, and donít get why people would pick on that...we all learn from one another through information exchange through these forums, so I never get why others derail the OP and try to bust peopleís balls ..

Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vg247 View Post
Iím just a Newby here and honestly I appreciate everyoneís feedback and input, personally I donít care whether a poster is the same person with 5 screenames or not, and donít get why people would pick on that...we all learn from one another through information exchange through these forums, so I never get why others derail the OP and try to bust peopleís balls ..

It matters when someone's posts are habitually uninformed, or misinformed.

Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM

25 posts, read 6,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
It matters when someone's posts are habitually uninformed, or misinformed.
Okay that makes sense, pardon since I havenít followed the thread from beginning to end so was lost on where these back and forth were stemming from..thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or