U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 10:05 PM

79 posts, read 30,365 times

Advertisements

Did you hear about nuclear waste being shipped to Nevada?!!
Folks, it is just 100 miles from Vegas!!

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...nium-to-nevada

https://thenevadaindependent.com/art...dge-or-consent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 10:55 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,396,353 times
No, but I did hear about the weapons grade plutonium that was shipped from SC to 70 miles north of Las Vegas.

It was all over the news and someone else posted about it on this forum approximately 1hr before you posted your findings.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
No, but I did hear about the weapons grade plutonium that was shipped from SC to 70 miles north of Las Vegas.

It was all over the news and someone else posted about it on this forum approximately 1hr before you posted your findings.
Yes, that topic was posted 5 minutes earlier - the same time which took me to copy-paste the links and typing on the phone.

In any case, you should get the point, especially since I posted two links.

However, if you dont care about all those happenings, then obviously number of minutes between posts is more important thing to you..

Old 01-31-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectras View Post
Yes, that topic was posted 5 minutes earlier - the same time which took me to copy-paste the links and typing on the phone.

In any case, you should get the point, especially since I posted two links.

However, if you dont care about all those happenings, then obviously number of minutes between posts is more important thing to you..
It looks like a 1hr difference according to timestamps.
Also, they are calling it weapons grade plutonium, so it doesn't sound like waste to me. Dangerous, yes.

Accuracy is important to me.

Last edited by OmegaSupreme; 01-31-2019 at 09:23 AM..

Old 01-31-2019, 09:33 AM

Search for "waste" under: https://thenevadaindependent.com/art...dge-or-consent

You can call "cockroach" as "cockroach" or "water bug" (which is nicer name)...
And the same here, call it however you want - it is nuclear waste.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Search for "waste" under: https://thenevadaindependent.com/art...dge-or-consent

You can call "cockroach" as "cockroach" or "water bug" (which is nicer name)...
And the same here, call it however you want - it is nuclear waste.
I still see it as weapons grade plutonium and not waste.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:04 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,601,733 times
Our state representatives need to get their act together and get monetary compensation for us Nevadans. Why should we risk our safety, lives and livelihood with all these nuclear wastes being shipped in. We don't even have Nuclear power in our state. Not only that, Nellis Air Force Base probably has more nuclear weapons stored inside the base than they care to admit coupled with the daily military training bombings, Nevadans are basically guinea pigs here in our state.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
Our state representatives need to get their act together and get monetary compensation for us Nevadans. Why should we risk our safety, lives and livelihood with all these nuclear wastes being shipped in. We don't even have Nuclear power in our state. Not only that, Nellis Air Force Base probably has more nuclear weapons stored inside the base than they care to admit coupled with the daily military training bombings, Nevadans are basically guinea pigs here in our state.
The nuclear waste should not be dumped here at all - it is about all nevadans safety and health, and it cannot be paid by any money or monetary compensation..

Old 02-01-2019, 02:54 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,601,733 times
Quote:
The nuclear waste should not be dumped here at all - it is about all nevadans safety and health, and it cannot be paid by any money or monetary compensation..
Nevadans should be compensated and that is besides the argument you presented, which I agree that it should not be dumped here considering we do not utilize nuclear power BUT at the same time, we Nevadans should be paid monetary compensation for using our land as storage. As long as this goes on we should be paid for it.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:15 PM

2,107 posts, read 2,829,552 times
this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone - they have shipped this kinda stuff for years. i have followed/passed trucks on hwy 160 headed to mercury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas