U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM

11,732 posts, read 23,050,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
LMAO.

Boomers actually believe this.
Shes right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM

497 posts, read 380,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Shes right
You're living in fantasyland if you think students who routinely break rules receive any consequences.

Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM

10 posts, read 1,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
You're living in fantasyland if you think students who routinely break rules receive any consequences.
What Ive observed it that they are just shifted to another school to cause more problems. One of my sons fiends who he played on an AAU basketball team with got caught dealing drugs and fighting at Green Valley High School so they just moved him to Coronado High School were hes doing the same thing.

Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM

561 posts, read 204,888 times
Does CCSD not have a remedial program school for difficult students?

Back east, if you were caught dealing drugs or fighting too many times they would put you in a lockdown school with higher security, multiple teachers in each classroom, police and jail on-site, etc.

Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,174,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
I'm missing something here???

What exactly are you trying to say?

Just more uninformed random nonsense from a regressive. Don't try to understand it.

Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
Does CCSD not have a remedial program school for difficult students?

Back east, if you were caught dealing drugs or fighting too many times they would put you in a lockdown school with higher security, multiple teachers in each classroom, police and jail on-site, etc.
They have behavioral schools but you need to be an exceptionally horrible student to make it to one of those. Fighting and drug possession aren't enough to get you sent to a behavioral school.

Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeNation000 View Post
What Ive observed it that they are just shifted to another school to cause more problems. One of my sons fiends who he played on an AAU basketball team with got caught dealing drugs and fighting at Green Valley High School so they just moved him to Coronado High School were hes doing the same thing.
This is amazing. You might actually hit double digits with this account. I'm proud of you.

Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM

3,451 posts, read 5,496,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
You'd be surprise of what's going on with our schools in the valley, just google Las Vegas school fights in the last 3-4 years. Meanwhile, CCSD has been very busy putting out fires left and right. Kids bring guns to school, kidnappings, robbery and gang shootouts. Not to mention the CCSD Police stealing computers from the school they are supposed to be protecting lol...

School could be part of the problem but IMO this is more of a cultural and mindset issues with current generations plus the environment of where the kids grow up in. If you have a deadbeat parents, foul mouthed, no respect for the law and always blame someone else for their mistake...kids will do the same thing. It's a cycle of the same crap over and over again, too many broken homes and single parents--it really is a big factor but no one wants to recognize. Just like poverty, it's a lifestyle chosen, not forced on anyone. You can't listen to any music on the radio without hearing anyone swearing ..plus the image that some of this people portray..it's despicable.

I'm a true believer in that a successful community is largely dependent on its residents attitude and behavior and the willingness to do things right. Not many communities like this exist today. Raising kids in this day and age, is and will always be a big challenge. I missed the days when the news at school was about how good the football game was, not someone got beat up by a bunch of wild dogs.

Yes...I agree with you on this 100%.

Things are crazy these days.

Old Today, 12:50 PM

198 posts, read 82,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Yes...I agree with you on this 100%.

Things are crazy these days.
The way these generations are shaping up today, I worry about the future of my children and all children for that matter really, and the future of our country. When we are all gone and these kids are old enough to decide for our country, God help us all.

I'm hoping that I'm not around any longer when that time comes...and I'm a millennial saying this lol

Old Today, 03:18 PM

561 posts, read 204,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
Just more uninformed random nonsense from a regressive. Don't try to understand it.
Back up your statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or