U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM

2,207 posts, read 2,288,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnftcret View Post
That zip 89108 is not North Las Vegas.
Thanks for the info, I'm perfectly aware of where NLV is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM

359 posts, read 290,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey-Pete View Post
Wont be 55 for another 5 years so I'm out of luck on the 55 and over community. Looking for a ranch/modular home. no stairs or HOA fees .
You can find plenty of fixer upper ranch style east of I-15 and north of downtown las vegas in that price range. Some would call these areas the "hood".

Old Today, 12:43 AM

499 posts, read 381,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey-Pete View Post
We're not looking to move to the hood. We're not looking to move someplace we can't afford either. Thanks for the info on the schools in that zip. We don't have kids though.
The schools are a reflection of the community.

Good luck on your house search!

Old Today, 04:21 AM

16 posts, read 1,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnftcret View Post
You can find plenty of fixer upper ranch style east of I-15 and north of downtown las vegas in that price range. Some would call these areas the "hood".
I'll pass on the hood. Thanks though.

Old Today, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
The schools are a reflection of the community.

Good luck on your house search!
Thank you.

Old Today, 09:35 AM

11,737 posts, read 23,056,654 times
if you can get your budget to 250ish, you can be in NLV 89081 in a gated community

Old Today, 02:02 PM

97 posts, read 56,207 times
In the very N like within a few miles of aliante there are some nice housing tracks. The shopping centers in the area seem ok, but I have never got out of the car. However, as you travel south it goes from ok to bring your CCW in just a mile or two. If you can hold out, I am guessing the market is going to go down soon. My house went from 360k to 440k+ in just 2 years, but it is starting to slow.

Old Today, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
if you can get your budget to 250ish, you can be in NLV 89081 in a gated community
If I can get to 250ish I'd look at Green Valley in Hnderson. I was only curious about North Vegas because my realator suggested that I'd get more bang for my buck in North vegas. Anyway, I decidced that I'm going on to look in Henderson . Probably Valley View. I know it's not a breathtaking neighborhood but I want my mortgage to be low and live close to my dad who lives at MacDonald Ranch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or