U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 04:39 PM

44 posts, read 11,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I would never buy used furniture. You just don't know what people or their pets did to it. Yuk.
I would never buy anything like a bed or sofa used. Nothing my body would come in contact with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 07:10 PM

22 posts, read 8,055 times
I know you said, you were not yet 55 in another post. I live in the Ardiente community, near the VA. 215 and 15 far North Las Vegas. I love it here! It is gated and guarded, a false sense of security, but better than nothing. My realtor was Ellen Kaptain a New Yorker and know her stuff. I know you said your budget was 210,000. My top was 250 and I wanted 210-225. I went 255. on this and was it ever worth it. My property taxes are 1,500 less a year, now I do pay 200 in HOA but it is well worth it here for what you get. Sun City Aliante is also very nice and cheaper prices and HOA a lot cheaper.
If your wife is older or you would be willing to put your Dad on the deed there are ways to squirt it. Believe me, it beats living next door to a bunch of teenagers and a garage band.
If you carry, keep in mind your state permit is only good for 30 days here. When they say it takes 4 months to get your permit, I put mine in on Nov. 1st and got my CHL on Feb. 8th. Adapt is a good company to take the training. Oh and Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas, a year and 4 months here and I still love this place.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy2017 View Post
I know you said, you were not yet 55 in another post. I live in the Ardiente community, near the VA. 215 and 15 far North Las Vegas. I love it here! It is gated and guarded, a false sense of security, but better than nothing. My realtor was Ellen Kaptain a New Yorker and know her stuff. I know you said your budget was 210,000. My top was 250 and I wanted 210-225. I went 255. on this and was it ever worth it. My property taxes are 1,500 less a year, now I do pay 200 in HOA but it is well worth it here for what you get. Sun City Aliante is also very nice and cheaper prices and HOA a lot cheaper.
If your wife is older or you would be willing to put your Dad on the deed there are ways to squirt it. Believe me, it beats living next door to a bunch of teenagers and a garage band.
If you carry, keep in mind your state permit is only good for 30 days here. When they say it takes 4 months to get your permit, I put mine in on Nov. 1st and got my CHL on Feb. 8th. Adapt is a good company to take the training. Oh and Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas, a year and 4 months here and I still love this place.
The reason I'm going low on home purchase price is because we are moving with saved money and will have to look for new jobs when we move. I don't want a high mortgage along with all of the utility bills while being jobless. So were playing it safe . I'm just going to stick with Henderson so I'm close to my dad. Thanks for the info on guns. I have a semi automatic rifle that's going with me. Won't be carrying it obviously LOL. do I still have 30 days to regiseter it when I finally move to nevada?

Old 02-14-2019, 06:58 AM

No, they did away with registering your guns here. I was able to carry concealed on my Texas CHL for 30 days. Open carry you do not need a permit, but I don't like to open carry. I think Henderson and being close to your Dad is a good choice. We bought out here, as my spouse is an RN @the VA. I would prefer a condo at the Martin or Palms or Green Valley. I really like the Henderson area. I do love the community we live in and Vegas, but as I get older I want something smaller 900 sq feet.

Old 02-14-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy2017 View Post
No, they did away with registering your guns here. I was able to carry concealed on my Texas CHL for 30 days. Open carry you do not need a permit, but I don't like to open carry. I think Henderson and being close to your Dad is a good choice. We bought out here, as my spouse is an RN @the VA. I would prefer a condo at the Martin or Palms or Green Valley. I really like the Henderson area. I do love the community we live in and Vegas, but as I get older I want something smaller 900 sq feet.
900 SQ ft makes sense. Keep your utility bills low. nice when returement time comes.
So when I bring my rifle with me from jersey there's no need to register it?

Old 02-15-2019, 07:30 AM

No after the passage of SB175, there is no need to register handguns or long guns. We have 1811 sq feet and I spend most of my time cleaning. I had to buy a steam mop and floor buffer just to keep the tile looking good. Smaller is better the older you get.

Old 02-15-2019, 07:13 PM

2,582 posts, read 2,626,706 times
Go to IKEA and before people go up in arms in here, you get what you pay for in furniture and that includes IKEA. It's in Spring Valley and if you happen to move to Henderson it is on the other side of town looking toward Red Rock Canyon.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:48 AM

2,688 posts, read 1,114,041 times
I bought a few things at Ikea for my media room -- matching TV stand, a small desk, and an end table. Not the cheap stuff, and it looks nice. The biggest issue was that the assembly instructions were not very good. It took a while to put it all together and the end result was fine.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:14 AM

554 posts, read 509,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Step 1. Get an Interior Designer's / Interior Decorator's license
Step 2. Buy at Interior Designer's prices for your own use.

I always thought that was a good idea. How do you go about it if you do not have a degree in Interior Design? ASID does not just hand out credentials as far as I know.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:29 AM

173 posts, read 204,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey-Pete View Post
Anoyone know where I can find good prices on furniture? either in henderson, Vegas , or Boulder City .
HomeGoods!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas