U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 12:03 PM

632 posts, read 225,358 times

Advertisements

Take a look at the Desert Industries on Craig in North Las Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 01:21 PM

217 posts, read 198,938 times
Since you mentioned 'cheap' i thought i'd share how i got my furniture.

What i did was i pretty much went to indoor swapmeets and looked around, Found an amazing dining table set with 4 tall chairs with the marbled top for like $110 and you can even negotiate with some vendors. As far as my living-room i went to Aarons rental they are known for always having super cheap clearances as a lot of their stock is overpriced for 'rental customers'; bought (2) end tables for under $50 and for sofas i went to Half Price furniture and got me a sofa & loveseat.

As for TV stand and other decor i got a brand-new glass TV stand off Offerup, Many locals buy Amazon returns in bulk and then resell them so i would advise going to offerup or FB Marketplace and searching for furniture most of the time its a new return.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:07 PM

2,582 posts, read 2,626,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard2 View Post
HomeGoods!!!!
If you want a million different pieces of varying styles then Homegoods will be good and be careful with the build, they look like it will fall apart after one use. IKEA gets a bad rap but I think Homegoods furniture is a step below IKEA. Pretty much B quality items. At least IKEA is brand new still in the box albeit you have to build it yourself on many items. Items at Homegoods, people sat on it, touch it, rocked it, moved it, shook it...…..

Old Today, 01:29 AM

4,674 posts, read 5,547,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Ikea. Of course, it will fall apart after a year, but enjoy the Scandinavian-style cafeteria while shopping, at least.
I love IKEA for temporary furniture, it's like plastic cups and cutlery. We may / probably will need to rent an apartment for 3-6 months when we move to Vegas and I'm not sure if it makes sense to have our furniture taken to the apartment versus just left with the moving company in long term storage with the rest of the stuff, so I was thinking I guess we could get some cheapo IKEA garbage for the apartment and then just push it off the balcony when we move out. :P You can't beat a $30 coffee table, I mean that's amazing, even if you get 4 months of use out of it, it's the price of a decent meal for two, so you really don't feel bad just giving it away on Craigslist or whatever.

I had a mover once break an IKEA coffee table that we were going to get rid of, but nobody took on CL, so it was an in-city move and I just figured, eh, whatever we'll bring it with and just try to give it away there I guess. The dude breaks it in the move because it's made of such cheap particle board, and he feels horrible about it, I was just sitting there laughing, and told him dude don't worry about this at all, no problem, we weren't going to use this anymore. "No, no, it's awful, I'm so sorry! I'll give you some money for it." I kept laughing and said seriously I don't want you to feel bad about this at all, you guys did great, if you were going to break anything this is what you break. He insisted on handing me $20 for this thing, which is almost what I paid for it, and I tried to give it back but he wouldn't allow it. So, hey, IKEA isn't all bad, it's good for a laugh

Old Today, 02:50 PM

632 posts, read 225,358 times
I have a few pieces of Ikea furniture that are 11 or 12 years old. The more expensive items are higher quality but their whole line is pretty much disposable furniture.

You can furnish a whole room for under $1K and it will look decent. I've had good luck with things like chairs and shelves. Table tops don't hold up well unless covered.

The biggest advantage of their furniture is that everything disassembles so if you move a lot it makes things a lot easier to transport. You can also get replacement parts.

If things get beat up you won't feel too bad about tossing something out.

I think it's a decent deal for parents with young children or college students on a budget.

Old Today, 06:31 PM

4,674 posts, read 5,547,189 times
Their office chairs last a year, tops. I used to buy one of those $99 office chairs per year then I’d throw it out because it would be torn and uncomfortable. Finally 6 years ago I bought a $1,000 office chair that’s the best chair I’ve ever owned and all these years later it’s still amazing and works just as well. I think it’s one of the best purchases I’ve made since I sit it in as much as I sleep on my $1,000 mattress so it seems like a reasonable expense for that much use. I’ll probably still be using it in a decade haha.

Old Today, 06:49 PM

2,582 posts, read 2,626,706 times
You get what you pay for and that include stores like IKEA. There are items at IKEA that will hold a long time just by looking at the build and items that look like it will fall apart after 1 week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas