U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 07:30 AM

264 posts, read 84,021 times

Advertisements

Just need to vent a little. Discovered yesterday that someone smashed our illuminated house number sign.
Maybe I am easily agitated and blowing it out of proportion but I am seething over it.

Who would think to do something like that? Now what if UPS, fed ex, or Doordash can't deliver to my house?

NLV police don't care and you can no longer file a police report online. Is this sort of random act a common occurrence here? Been here nine months but still consider myself a newbie.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 10:17 AM

923 posts, read 251,151 times
UPS, FedUp and the likes will find you. Don't sweat it.

Who did it? A-Hole kids. Lots of 'em around.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:42 PM

371 posts, read 294,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
Just need to vent a little. Discovered yesterday that someone smashed our illuminated house number sign.
Maybe I am easily agitated and blowing it out of proportion but I am seething over it.

Who would think to do something like that? Now what if UPS, fed ex, or Doordash can't deliver to my house?

NLV police don't care and you can no longer file a police report online. Is this sort of random act a common occurrence here? Been here nine months but still consider myself a newbie.

What area in NLV did this happen?

Old 02-17-2019, 03:34 PM
EA

5,751 posts, read 4,907,718 times
Kids playing sportsball in the street cracked my sign. Luckily I was able to glue it back together and stick it back up.

I've seen kids hit cars and windows multiple times.
I wish people would watch their damn kids.

Old 02-17-2019, 04:34 PM

66 posts, read 63,149 times
A kid who has never had to learn responsibility or accept consequences for doing something wrong will never learn. It makes them no better than the punks who have to tag something to 'declare their territory' (which incidentally they didn't purchase or make tax payments on). Destruction is all they know.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnftcret View Post
What area in NLV did this happen?
This neighborhood is near the Wal-Mart on Craig. I am slightly north of Alexander and south of Craig, just west of MLK.

It does not appear that any of the neighbors were vandalized.

Old 02-18-2019, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post

My thought was A-hole kids as well. Did not witness the actual act.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:52 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,613,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post

Don't blame the kids being kids but there are plenty of a$$holes in Clark County, NV.

Old 02-18-2019, 10:35 AM

371 posts, read 294,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
This neighborhood is near the Wal-Mart on Craig. I am slightly north of Alexander and south of Craig, just west of MLK.

It does not appear that any of the neighbors were vandalized.
I live near Allen and Gowan. In 10 years, I've only experienced one incident of theft of my kid's scooters which they left outside.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnftcret View Post
I live near Allen and Gowan. In 10 years, I've only experienced one incident of theft of my kid's scooters which they left outside.
You are about two miles SW of my location.

My roommate was arguing with me that it could have been an accident but I don't see how. Surely not the wind. The plastic house number was smashed into several pieces and it appears the bulb is out as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas