U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:52 AM

34 posts, read 53,969 times

Advertisements

Was watching an episode of Flipping Vegas called "the Grow House" because that's what it was. The house was trashed. At the end of the show, it stated they spent 11,500 for repair/rehab. I think it was a fairly common 3/2 single family home and had new paint in and out, new tile flooring and carpet, new granite counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms (cabs were refinished), new tub surrounds, and minor landscaping among other things. Is that a fairly accurate cost to have that much work done? In Hawaii it would be more than double that amount. I'm buying a condo in LV and need to get an idea of what costs would be if I had to do these things. I'd be hiring someone to do the work since I'm out of state. Any insite is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:24 AM

390 posts, read 538,555 times
Casual observation - they mostly use their own employees to do the work and use a lot of clearance tile and granite. Both saves a lot of money.

Old Yesterday, 10:25 AM

11,758 posts, read 23,083,005 times
no way only 11,500. I just went through this. the granite, tile, carpet, and paint alone would be 10k even using the cheapest of materials.

Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM

557 posts, read 95,436 times
The numbers cited at the end of Flipping Vegas are entertainment, not fact.

Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM

2,214 posts, read 2,296,015 times
That sounds about right if you were getting the materials yourself and not getting an estimate from contractors for materials + labor.

Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM

11,758 posts, read 23,083,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe weed View Post
Was watching an episode of Flipping Vegas called "the Grow House" because that's what it was. The house was trashed. At the end of the show, it stated they spent 11,500 for repair/rehab. I think it was a fairly common 3/2 single family home and had new paint in and out, new tile flooring and carpet, new granite counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms (cabs were refinished), new tub surrounds, and minor landscaping among other things. Is that a fairly accurate cost to have that much work done? In Hawaii it would be more than double that amount. I'm buying a condo in LV and need to get an idea of what costs would be if I had to do these things. I'd be hiring someone to do the work since I'm out of state. Any insite is appreciated.
let me put this another way.....

my house was 1788sf 2 floor

it needed paint (walls and ceilings), holes filled etc
carpet (about 1000sf)
vinyl plank flooring (about 800sf)
new toilets
garage door opener
all new blinds

estimate from Vegas contractor (cheapest I could find)..$11,500

I flew my contractors out from Florida twice, total of 10 days

it was cheaper and better to send my own...under $7,000 and that included new appliances.

the contractors in Vegas are ridiculously priced.

Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM

34 posts, read 53,969 times
Thanks for all the replies. Speaking of clearance, where are some good places to get clearance floor tile and granite/quartz countertops?

Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM

2,214 posts, read 2,296,015 times
Warehouses near Russel and Decatur. Those places are more willing to swing deals to make a sale.

Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM

414 posts, read 274,557 times
$11.5K? Did they hire illegals?

Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM

2,035 posts, read 1,413,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soclose View Post
$11.5K? Did they hire illegals?
It's the only way, if you want the job done right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or