U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 06:22 AM

5 posts, read 2,075 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I are sick of L.A. I was born and raised here and yes the weather is perfect but these days that's all it has going for it. Boyfriend wants a small town feel but next to a large body of water yet not too far from a larger city. So I've been looking at Boulder city NV. I like Vegas. It's the only city I like to visit lol. I would miss the perfect weather of L.A and the beach but not much else. I guess my question is if anyone here lives in Boulder city and how do you like it? I was also looking at the Mount Charleston area. Love pine trees lol. If anyone has any advice on those two areas it would be appreciated .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 07:51 AM

8 posts, read 1,007 times
I went out there once with my ex going to the dam. It was ok. Not much diversity.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:46 AM

755 posts, read 142,139 times
The people I know who live there like it a lot.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:21 PM

449 posts, read 347,710 times
Just how "Mormon" is Boulder City?

Old 03-04-2019, 01:04 PM

819 posts, read 567,306 times
I wouldn't worry about the "Mormon" thing. Boulder City has great views of the lake. Kind of a drive to get into town though (Vegas). They just built the new highway in and out of the town. They have bighorn sheep that roam around one of the local parks, so that's fun. Not a bad place overall.
As far as living up on Mt. Charleston, I think the only thing they have up there is a restaurant or two? Not even a gas station. But very beautiful and lots of hiking. From the centennial hills area of town it's about a 30 minute drive up there with good weather.

Old 03-04-2019, 01:45 PM

554 posts, read 508,581 times
Mount Charleston is a high elevation place to escape the summer heat in Vegas. Winters are very cold and snowy. Not much up there and a long drive to get down to civilization.

Boulder City is just more of the same stuff as Las Vegas and Henderson. Just further away from the main part.

Old 03-04-2019, 02:02 PM

2,052 posts, read 1,434,759 times
I would think Boulder City is a bad investment, with the new bypass killing commerce.

Old 03-04-2019, 03:12 PM

605 posts, read 221,916 times
I think you'll be pretty disappointed given that half of LA seems to be moving here lately and are bringing all of LA's problems here with them.

Old 03-04-2019, 03:34 PM

988 posts, read 271,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
I think you'll be pretty disappointed given that half of LA seems to be moving here lately and are bringing all of LA's problems here with them.
Boy Howdy! Funny how all the Californians complain about living there and come to Rural Nevada and the first thing they do is try to mold it into the place they just left.

Nah, you would hate Boulder City. Rains and hails nearly every day (The bar has a slogan painted on the wall Free Beer any day it doesn't rain ), freezing wind and sideways mud. Locusts. Fire. Famine! The lake is useless with poison and litter. Nothing but Redneck Hicks and Amway Consultants live there.

No. Better off staying in Cali.

Old 03-04-2019, 07:16 PM

11,725 posts, read 4,314,390 times
Boulder City is a very nice place to live. We have two families that we know well who decided to move there.

It has its own peculiarities. No gaming for instance. And both the capability and will to limit growth. It is another of the cities with a strong Mormon influence on the government though Mormons are not anywhere near a majority.

It is quiet and well run. But it has limited job opportunities. If not retired you will likely need to commute to LV to work.

Climate is similar to the rest of the valley. A little more rain than McCarran but still high desert. Similasr temperatures to elsewhere in the area.

For most it is a version of Mayberry and lives up to the idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or