Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 02:32 PM

294 posts, read 235,968 times

Advertisements

Are there any time or day restrictions for mowing the lawn? E.g. not on weekends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 06:15 PM

250 posts, read 229,074 times
No.
Noise restrictions, maybe in some jurisdictions(ie not before 7am).
But if I remember correctly you reside in RNP. Mow to your hearts content my friend, midnight and naked if want.

Old 04-06-2019, 08:27 AM

294 posts, read 235,968 times
Haha, good idea doing it that way lol. Yes, RNP but still Clark County. Thanks for the advice!

Old 04-10-2019, 07:09 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,343,396 times
I have literally mowed the lawn at midnight. Granted, I have an electric mower so it isn't noisy, but I have never had an issue.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:13 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2016 View Post
Are there any time or day restrictions for mowing the lawn? E.g. not on weekends?
After 7am. Only rule is noise ordinance. My gardener cuts next door by my bedroom window every other Saturday at 7. I get cut Sunday at 8.

Republic generally observes the 7 rule as well though not always.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:28 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,056,118 times
The county ordinance is 7am-10pm I believe unless you're in the strip corridor overlay in which case its basically anytime.

I see RNP stands for "rural" I actually never saw that term before but yeah... practically anything goes in rural zoning.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
The county ordinance is 7am-10pm I believe unless you're in the strip corridor overlay in which case its basically anytime.

I see RNP stands for "rural" I actually never saw that term before but yeah... practically anything goes in rural zoning.
It is fake rural. Actually high end suburban. There is rural zoning which is extremely permissive. But that is not in the RNP.

I describe it as kind of Summerlin inside out. Big lots. No sidewalks. No streetlights. Can have horses and goats and other creatures. Cats run free. No fancy street landscaping but gorgeous back yards. Homes run to the expensive side but mostly similar to Summerlin. Many people who like Summerlin will find the RNP too chaotic. Mix of old musty places from the 60s next door to 1.5 million McMansions. Only place I know of where a house has a 50 yard lazy river pool and a 10,000SF garage.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:25 PM

1,927 posts, read 1,056,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
It is fake rural. Actually high end suburban. There is rural zoning which is extremely permissive. But that is not in the RNP.

I describe it as kind of Summerlin inside out. Big lots. No sidewalks. No streetlights. Can have horses and goats and other creatures. Cats run free. No fancy street landscaping but gorgeous back yards. Homes run to the expensive side but mostly similar to Summerlin. Many people who like Summerlin will find the RNP too chaotic. Mix of old musty places from the 60s next door to 1.5 million McMansions. Only place I know of where a house has a 50 yard lazy river pool and a 10,000SF garage.
I've been in Enterprise for 5 years and a large portion of this area is exactly like that. I used to be on the border of mostly desert, but the area is now fully developed several blocks south. It is kind of strange to see what used to be open desert full of houses, now but I grew up in a region undergoing fast growth similar to this so its not all that unexpected for me.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:35 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,639,469 times
Don't mow. Just get some goats.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equid0x View Post
I've been in Enterprise for 5 years and a large portion of this area is exactly like that. I used to be on the border of mostly desert, but the area is now fully developed several blocks south. It is kind of strange to see what used to be open desert full of houses, now but I grew up in a region undergoing fast growth similar to this so its not all that unexpected for me.
Enterprise screwed it up. Sad. Basically the North West Citizens organized in the late 70s and fought off the developers over the next 40 years. SWAN - the SW equivalent did not get geared up until after the millenium. The result was the developers succeeded in penetrating Enterprise far more than they did the NW. Penetration mean they were able to assemble and zone large properties for higher density housing. That did not happen in the NW.

Lone Mountain lost a few skirmishes but managed to mostly hold. Also it got balkanized early on so it was very difficult to put together the large pieces that the developers needed.

Actually a couple of most striking of all the LV desert properties are well out to the SW. My favorite is one that actually has a 40 yard creek flowing through the glass walled family room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: