Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 06:43 AM

628 posts, read 398,191 times

Advertisements

Hello City Data people,

I need someone or possibly more than one person to help me anytime between 7-31 and 08-03.

I have to move up one story and need my bed dismantled and reassembled. It is a platform bed with no box spring and one medium size chest of drawers. And them all my clothes and miscellaneous stuff brought up to the master bedroom. I live in North Las Vegas near Craig. Not sure if I can trust my OCD and slightly unstable roommate to help although he seems pretty enthusiastic. I will not be able to take off work, so I need someone trustworthy and reliable.

And then there is the actual cleaning part for the room I am leaving. It is a tile floor and will need scrubbing, lots of scrubbing. I then have a mini freezer and mini fridge. Some clutter and piles of clothes, but not like an episode of hoarders.

Do you think Craigslist would be reliable for something like this. I have loose change everywhere and personal items, so I need someone of high moral character.

What is the protocol for payment? Shouldn't I wait until someone actually is following through before parting with my cash?

Thanks.

WVH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 07:49 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,644 times
You dont have enough time to box up your stuff and pick up loose change? No way in heck would I trust someone from Craigslist. Are you a member on Nextdoor?

Old 07-03-2019, 09:10 AM

124 posts, read 105,812 times
WVH,

I would gladly come help you but I'm not in town those dates. Won't be full time LV resident until Oct.

I realize there's next to zero camaraderie on here, as many folks are just here to lob insults at people they don't know.
But it's called social media for a reason.

What is this - a 2-hour job? Hopefully a couple kind souls will step up.

-von

Old 07-03-2019, 12:24 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonZimmer View Post
WVH,

I would gladly come help you but I'm not in town those dates. Won't be full time LV resident until Oct.

I realize there's next to zero camaraderie on here, as many folks are just here to lob insults at people they don't know.

-von

What a whiner -that is an insult, not asking why he cant pack things up in a months time to make it easier. Is there also a problem with me saying I would stay away from Craigslist and mentioning nextdoor? Do you even know what nextdoor is? It's social media.

Old 07-03-2019, 01:37 PM

39 posts, read 29,184 times
bro, you're moving upstairs in the same house. get your **** together. what do you do when you're not at work?

Old 07-03-2019, 02:35 PM

2,928 posts, read 3,552,260 times
Relax.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonZimmer View Post
WVH,

-von
Thanks, I have it all worked out. And to the inevitable naysayers, I'm a left brained computer geek/bookworm. All the dead presidents in my wallet make my life a bit easier. I received a good referral. Mission accomplished.

I would gladly pay what amounts to a pittance to save myself stress and inconvenience.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeawesome View Post
bro, you're moving upstairs in the same house. get your **** together. what do you do when you're not at work?
I gamble at the cannery, flick butts (not since 06-09 though) work, walk ride the bus.. What do you make an hour and what is the balance in your checking account? Ready to go to school?

Old 07-03-2019, 11:51 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
I agree some of these things are too big of a pain to do yourself, unless you have no choice. I do my best and box everything up, do 99% of what I can, but I’m lost when it comes to disassembly and reassembly of exercise equipment and beds and things like that. The pro movers have to deal with that nonsense.

Old 07-04-2019, 12:37 AM

39 posts, read 29,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
I gamble at the cannery, flick butts (not since 06-09 though) work, walk ride the bus.. What do you make an hour and what is the balance in your checking account? Ready to go to school?
i make $18.75 an hour, enough in my checking account to pay the bills for a year. I don;t gamble or flick butts and I don't ride the bus. I also don't live with roommates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas