U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:29 PM

84 posts, read 44,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Just spent the last week house hunting and we settled on a nice place in Aliante. Now to pack up the place here in Portland and move September 1st. Sigh. Three weeks to go. I hate moving. Not sure which route we'll take this time.

I may head over to Boise first and pick up a load from my Mom's storage and then head down from there. She says she'll be staying with us for one week each month while she goes RVing with her boyfriend across the country the rest of the time. She gets the forth bedroom furthest from the Master. We have a great kitchen. A huge master bedroom and bathroom and a huge office with double doors and a three car garage.

The house we have this time is nearly 2,000 sq ft. We're coming from an 864 sq ft town home near downtown Portland which cost only $130 less than the house in Las Vegas. The house is newer and much nicer than where we are currently. Really looking forward to a climate controlled environment again and having room to spread out.

It does feel far from the Strip but I was impressed how nice North Las Vegas is. After driving all over it this last week seeing houses I can see it's very nice up there and I don't have anything to worry about. It's much nicer than where I lived near North Summerlin even a few years ago. It will be neat to live in another part of town.

Nice to hear you found a house to call home, and it's big enough to accommodate your mom A 3 car garage is nice!

Wife and I booked a trip to check out the Summerlin community; we'll also be checking out Henderson. We heard good things about Summerlin.

How would you compare North Las Vegas versus Summerlin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:22 PM

2,870 posts, read 2,162,354 times
I would say it's as nice or nicer than parts of Summerlin. I was surprised. It doesn't have access to a modern mall like Downtown Summerlin and there is certainly more dining in Summerlin but North Las Vegas is very nice, especially Aliante. Loads of regular shopping around there and it's not nearly as crowded. You get all your regular outdoor shopping centers there. I have everything I need and the rest is 20 minutes away. Plus the cool thing is the access to nature with Mount Charleston. There's also an outdoor shooting range nearby. Skiing is much closer up north. It has more of a regular city vibe feel to it instead of a Las Vegas touristy vibe and there's a huge industrial park with Amazon complexes. We drove around the new VA hospital and it's massive and nice. Even the neighborhoods south of the VA are nice. Reminds me a lot of the good middle class areas of Southern California. It's true that north of Craig is the best area. Which is a lot of it and a ton of new neighborhoods going in expanding north of the 215 even. Lots of green outdoor parks with water features and it feels very family oriented.

Old Today, 06:58 PM

621 posts, read 571,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Just spent the last week house hunting and we settled on a nice place in Aliante. Now to pack up the place here in Portland and move September 1st. Sigh. Three weeks to go. I hate moving. Not sure which route we'll take this time.

I may head over to Boise first and pick up a load from my Mom's storage and then head down from there. She says she'll be staying with us for one week each month while she goes RVing with her boyfriend across the country the rest of the time. She gets the forth bedroom furthest from the Master. We have a great kitchen. A huge master bedroom and bathroom and a huge office with double doors and a three car garage.

The house we have this time is nearly 2,000 sq ft. We're coming from an 864 sq ft town home near downtown Portland which cost only $130 less than the house in Las Vegas. The house is newer and much nicer than where we are currently. Really looking forward to a climate controlled environment again and having room to spread out.

It does feel far from the Strip but I was impressed how nice North Las Vegas is. After driving all over it this last week seeing houses I can see it's very nice up there and I don't have anything to worry about. It's much nicer than where I lived near North Summerlin even a few years ago. It will be neat to live in another part of town.

Congratulations! I looked all over and darn near bought in Aliante, really liked the area and had lived in the NW (Providence) before. I ended up in Henderson this time and like it too, more traffic but closer to a lot of restaurants and shopping. I think you will love living in Aliante. Enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or