Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 05:43 PM

1 posts, read 7,834 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Valencia, CA (where Magic Mountain theme park is located), here the crime rates are low and housing is pretty expensive. The city overall is beautiful. We are a family with children looking to move to Nevada. We are hoping to find something similar as where we are, with low crime rates and safety for our children and great schools. I have researched but have not come up with much. So I am hoping that some one whom knows the area well could tell me the difference between Summerlin, NV vs Henderson, NV. And which of these two cities has the lowest crime rates and is safer for a family with children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 05:49 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Sumderson

Old 09-24-2014, 05:51 PM

433 posts, read 290,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CaliGirl View Post
I currently live in Valencia, CA (where Magic Mountain theme park is located), here the crime rates are low and housing is pretty expensive. The city overall is beautiful. We are a family with children looking to move to Nevada. We are hoping to find something similar as where we are, with low crime rates and safety for our children and great schools. I have researched but have not come up with much. So I am hoping that some one whom knows the area well could tell me the difference between Summerlin, NV vs Henderson, NV. And which of these two cities has the lowest crime rates and is safer for a family with children.
Summerlin is the best, and a great place to rise kids, its like Vegas with out "those people"....

Old 09-24-2014, 06:11 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,678,568 times
The town of Summerlin is the best. (: Move to this town which is west of Las Vegas.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:18 PM

561 posts, read 680,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winter-rabbit View Post
The town of Summerlin is the best. (: Move to this town which is west of Las Vegas.
The town of Summerlin doesn't exist.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:21 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Summerlin is a master plan. Henderson is a city.

The southern part of Henderson south and near the 215 is effectively identical to Summerlin for all intent and purposes.

Neither has any significant crime and the schools are quite good.

Much less expensive than Valencia for the given house. It even looks much the same.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:03 PM

654 posts, read 1,250,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Summerlin is a master plan. Henderson is a city.

The southern part of Henderson south and near the 215 is effectively identical to Summerlin for all intent and purposes.

Neither has any significant crime and the schools are quite good.

Much less expensive than Valencia for the given house. It even looks much the same.
I second that....Henderson is just as good....Seven Hills, Anthem, Green Valley...

Old 09-24-2014, 11:10 PM

19 posts, read 50,668 times
Too many people in Vegas from California. Stay in your own state

Old 09-24-2014, 11:40 PM

4 posts, read 10,962 times
I find the driving in Henderson to be much, much easier than Summerlin.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:54 PM

263 posts, read 437,778 times
Summerlin is actually part of the city of Las Vegas. One of Howard Hughes' companies basically bought up a lot of desert land several miles NW of the downtown Las Vegas area decades ago, and over the years have been building various planned communities. Summerlin is kind of ritzy & exclusive, and the local powers that be like to keep themselves that way.

Henderson is also a relatively new community, & it is incorporated as it's own city. Unlike the Summerlin area of Las Vegas, Henderson does have some 'undesirable' areas, though I wouldn't call them actual ghettos. As others have suggested, the southern part of Henderson has very nice (planned) communities -- Anthem, Seven Hills, Green Valley, etc.

Both areas have nice apartments, condos, single-family dwelling houses, etc. in & out of gated communities, plus relatively nice, modern schools.

You now need to just come out & explore both areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas