U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 08:20 PM

2,377 posts, read 3,974,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
Not really, just don't want them to get sick

Not sure how all you asshats consume this slime, but good for you if you can stomach it
I have had some luck with good quality beef in the tube. And other times its so bad that it needs to be donated to the local prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 08:30 PM

151 posts, read 62,048 times
I always get sick on Albertson's beef so they could give it away free and I wouldn't eat it. I'll pass but thank you for the coupon info. (I'm sure they are giving you this great deal to get rid of the hamburger for some reason.) The tube stuff has the pink slime in it for sure but, I don't know if Albertson's deli does. (You might want to ask them.) I spoke with a butcher (from a different store) when the slime scare first came out and was told that only their tube hamburger contained the slime because it doesn't sell as fast. He told me that their meat counter hamburger did not contain the slime because it was fresher and sold quicker.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:05 AM

25,096 posts, read 23,986,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
The timing on this. There's a beef recall in Nevada because they found metal bits in it. They probably want to move stock while consumers are hesitant to purchase.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...ecall-1719884/
Good point. Some people will avoid ground beef from any source for a while because of this.

Old Today, 02:14 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,872,562 times
Even the ground beef that they have displayed behind the glass that looks so fresh is from the tube that comes from the warehouse. When they get the tube they just regrind it and put it out in the display case. They call this fresh!!

I would rather spend some extra money and get good ground beef from Sprouts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas