U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 12:37 PM

5,770 posts, read 6,001,402 times

Advertisements

Hahaha not even close!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 01:46 PM

4 posts, read 3,558 times
When I moved here a few years back, I set up an appointment to register my vehicle and get a new Nevada driver's license. Walked in, looked at the screen, took a glance around for a seat (I don't think there were any!).. my number was called before I had a chance to sit down. 10 or 15 minutes of the DMV worker handling my paperwork, a photo, and I was out the door with plates in hand.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:11 PM

1,765 posts, read 1,289,594 times
try that in San Fransicko

Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM

I am wondering if anyone knows, how would my wife (she will be when we move down) be able to prove her residency for DMV purposes? Looking through the list I can see 1 example, a bank statement, but can’t really find anything else applicable. No local job thus no local pay stubs, no bills in her name only mine, no name on real property here, so I don’t know how she’s supposed to prove residency besides it being obvious if we’re married she’s living with me. Voter ID card maybe? Could we get something like that with an address on it? It says court record, could I have her get arrested and that document would be valid? Lol jk

Old Yesterday, 06:03 PM

796 posts, read 1,557,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I am wondering if anyone knows, how would my wife (she will be when we move down) be able to prove her residency for DMV purposes? Looking through the list I can see 1 example, a bank statement, but can’t really find anything else applicable. No local job thus no local pay stubs, no bills in her name only mine, no name on real property here, so I don’t know how she’s supposed to prove residency besides it being obvious if we’re married she’s living with me. Voter ID card maybe? Could we get something like that with an address on it? It says court record, could I have her get arrested and that document would be valid? Lol jk
She doesn't have any credit cards in her name? A recent credit card statement is acceptable. A few others include insurance cards/bills, medical bills, or a voter registration card. Source: NV DMV

Note: While you are going through the hassle to do all of this, you might as well be sure to get a NV Real ID, which you'll need by Oct 2020 to board a flight.

Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM

Oh really? I saw that on the site but have no idea what a Real ID is. First I have ever heard of that honestly. But yeah if I need it, I want it!

Her credit cards would change billing address that’s true, but none of that has paper statements so maybe she could print out something from the card company. I noticed there’s a form (after I posted) where I can sign and verify she’s living with me, as long as she has just one other proof of residency so maybe that’s the way to go. Her bank should be able to verify through a statement or whatever once she’s moved down. It’s easier for me because I have so many bills and even the house closing statement should suffice for one piece. I don’t really know what’s a more rock solid document than that with my name on it haha.

Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM

7 posts, read 890 times
I was in there for about fifteen minutes total last year, was just getting my licensed transferred to NV but it was incredibly fast. The appointment system works like a charm.

Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM

7 posts, read 890 times
I was in there for about fifteen minutes total last year, was just getting my license transferred to NV but it was incredibly fast. The appointment system works like a charm.

Old Today, 10:18 AM

796 posts, read 1,557,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Oh really? I saw that on the site but have no idea what a Real ID is. First I have ever heard of that honestly. But yeah if I need it, I want it!
https://www.tsa.gov/real-id

If you don't have a Real ID, you'll still be able to board a flight with a passport or some other federal ID. However, that's one more thing you'll have to remember to bring, even if you're trip never leaves the USA.

Quote:
Her credit cards would change billing address that’s true, but none of that has paper statements so maybe she could print out something from the card company.
Yep, she could print her monthly statement(s). That's what we did.

Old Today, 05:54 PM

Great, thanks for the help! I don’t have a passport at the moment, need a new one, someone stole my backpack out of the back of the SUV while I was carrying boxes to UPS Store, nice huh? Car unattended for maybe 2 minutes max. Unbelievable. There was nothing in that backpack besides a protein bar and a swimsuit (lol)... but I had forgotten to remove the passport from a front compartment. Yikes. It shouldn’t have been in there anyway, but oh well.

I hope I can take care of all this stuff in one appointment then between NV license, Real ID, and new plates / registration of vehicles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or