U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 10:50 AM

604 posts, read 454,344 times

Advertisements

I'm planning where to stay in Vegas after landing a job at the end of this month or in August, but my budget is a max of $1k until I get my first check. A hotel would be good since there wouldn't be an issue finding a place at the time I need to start working, but I haven't found one that would fit my budget. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:43 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,449,532 times
Furnished short term rental at $1000? Very tough. I don't see anything on AirBnB that fits your needs.

MLS shows 6 properties that are furnished, only one out right says they might consider a 1-3 month lease and that is a shared bedroom in Summerlin.

I dislike suggesting Seigel Suites and Budget Suites but those and trying to find a 30 day hotel room rental at $1000 a month might be the only headache free options.

Old Today, 12:11 PM

158 posts, read 76,587 times
Check the Holiday Royale on Paradise Road. I am not a fan of weekly rentals and have never stayed there but have a place near there and the area is pretty safe and clean, and their Google reviews rate pretty high for a weekly. Do not stay at Harbor Island that place is grimy as hell. Good luck.

Old Today, 12:13 PM

604 posts, read 454,344 times
I'll give them a shot, thanks.

Old Today, 01:17 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,753,020 times
Shelter Island is also pretty rough from what I understand

Old Today, 04:23 PM

158 posts, read 76,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Shelter Island is also pretty rough from what I understand
Yeah I think that place has been in the news for shootings, although that's a really rough area up there which doesn't help. Harbor Island isn't in such a bad area (it's right between the Hard Rock and the Wyndham), and it even looks kind of nice from the street because of all the palm trees and nice landscaping. But it's a large complex and they do very little screening of tenants (a pulse and a credit card is all you need and you're in) so it's a real zoo in there. I think at one point it was even near the top location for police calls in LV.

My advice is always check Google reviews before staying anywhere - that can save you a lot of grief

Old Today, 04:33 PM

12,942 posts, read 4,895,153 times
I have had clients stay at the Budget Suites on Rancho. Older French lady. She liked the place. That was a few years ago so it is not current.

Old Today, 07:43 PM

2,797 posts, read 2,127,012 times
One our resident families stayed at Budget Suites on Rancho too while apartment hunting and said it wasn't bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or