U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For fun, let us know in the poll where you fall.
Upper Class - Elite 6 15.38%
Upper Middle Class 17 43.59%
Lower Middle Class 6 15.38%
Working Class 3 7.69%
Poor - Poverty Level 7 17.95%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:09 AM

583 posts, read 143,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
Sounds like you're a lazy person who wants people to do what he says not as he does.
Nice deduction. You need to have your caretaker give you your meds and go to bed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:11 AM

2,532 posts, read 2,468,871 times
Right. I'm the one who needs to be on meds. Not the guy calling for genocide.

Old Today, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Right. I'm the one who needs to be on meds. Not the guy calling for genocide.
Another fine deduction. What I believe is another's actions are not up to me or anybody else.

Old Today, 08:24 AM

In a society where people are living in close proximity to each other, we need laws to guide behavior. You don't get to do whatever you want. If that's how you want to live your life, you should really go live off the grid; where the next human being is dozens of miles away.

Old Today, 08:31 AM

Quote:
In a society where people are living in close proximity to each other, we need laws to guide behavior. You don't get to do whatever you want. If that's how you want to live your life, you should really go live off the grid; where the next human being is dozens of miles away.
Sounds like you're the one that is scared of people. One again, you're making stupid assumptions. If you break our laws you should be punished. Now, you on the other hand, as a Bernie Boy, must think our laws don't matter, especially regarding illegals in America.

Old Today, 08:42 AM

You just said, "another's actions are not up to me or anybody else."

Now you are saying, "If you break our laws you should be punished."

Which is it? Both of these statements cannot be true at the same time.

Old Today, 08:47 AM

Quote:
You just said, "another's actions are not up to me or anybody else."

Now you are saying, "If you break our laws you should be punished."

Which is it? Both of these statements cannot be true at the same time.
Your deduction makes no sense. Each individual is, or should be free to make any decision, and should be responsible for same. Get it? As a Bernie Boy, you are supporting lawlessness.

Old Today, 08:55 AM

Old Today, 09:25 AM

2,337 posts, read 594,578 times
I finally got around to reading the Brookings report.

One of the first things i do when looking at scholarly research is to spend a few minutes looking at the author. In this case, here's the educational background of Richard Reeves, the Brookings Institute researcher who studied middle income in Las Vegas:

Looking at his CV, he has many publications on wealth in the USA, almost exclusively from a singular perspective: upper middle class and above are reaping the rewards of their work, and somehow this is bad. Politico, a left-wing progressive publication, likes him a lot. That says something.

That's fine - everyone has a point of view. In this case the author starts with his point of view, and his point of view is best summarized by the title of a book he published a couple of years ago:
Dream Hoarders: How the American Upper Middle Class Is Leaving Everyone Else in the Dust, Why That Is a Problem, and What to Do About It
And what to do about it? Reeves is a progressive redistributionist. So... that is his point of view, and the point of view he brought with him when he looked at Las Vegas.

Old Today, 09:30 AM

2,337 posts, read 594,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
This is a good listen. It just came out on KNPR.
I don't listen to NPR; it is more efficient just to go the the DNC Website https://democrats.org/ to read their press releases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or