U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For fun, let us know in the poll where you fall.
Upper Class - Elite 3 16.67%
Upper Middle Class 6 33.33%
Lower Middle Class 3 16.67%
Working Class 2 11.11%
Poor - Poverty Level 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM

223 posts, read 308,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Real mature making a pig noise.

Still waiting for you to prove your claim.
Not a pig noise. Kekistani.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM

Default Downward mobility

Downward mobility, poverty level salaries and rip off rents are such a hoot!

Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM

652 posts, read 501,821 times
Quote:
Oh, I thought you'd said in the past that you owned a condo and had problems with pot smokers living near you. Maybe it's another poster I'm thinking of. Sorry to hear about your current circumstance.

Yes, I know who you are referring to. That is Clarkcty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
You posted a piece of the article that said the exact same thing I said.

I am 100% correct that upward mobility is responsible for the shift in classes.

If you consider the influx of illegals, and assume they're on the lower end of pay due to being illegal, They're still getting paid and still showing up on polls. So, DESPITE that, the middle class is staying the same here. That means that the illegals are taking the lower end jobs and pushing the lower class citizens into the middle class while the middle class are moving up into the upper class.

If you want to get technical and factual, everyone in America is in the top 1% of world income earners including the ultra poor. Americans on welfare are better off than people in third world countries.
ANY Venezuelan would happily trade places with any bum in America.

So what you're saying is that poor personal choices result in poor outcomes while good personal choices result in good outcomes?

Weird. Who would have thunk it?

Do good and make good decisions and good things happen. Wow. What a concept.
Do bad and make bad decisions and bad things happen. Amazing.

What really matters is what YOU are doing to better your situation.
Stop worrying about others and figure out your own problems. Stop trying to make your problems into mine.
I do not want to pay for your life choices. I do not want you to pay for mine.
Handle your own damn business and I'll handle mine.

If you're poor it's because of choices you made. If you're rich it's because of choices you made. Even if you inherited money. If you fail to manage it you will end up just as broke as everyone else.

If you want to make more money DO SOMETHING to earn more money. Stop expecting an employer or law or congressman or president to give you more money. It ain't going to happen.
If you want something you have to earn it.

My next step is buying a house and the new corvette. I have to make some lifestyle changes and earn some more money to do that.
So that is what I'm going to do.
No one is going to hand me a house. No one is going to hand me a corvette. I have to work for and pay for them both.
I'd much rather not have my income stolen to pay for losers who won't work to earn their own keep.
But that's not going to happen because the left wants to pander and the loser won't quit thinking they're some kind of victim.

My poverty is a result of severe fibromyalgia that was not through any fault of my own. I have never been a smoker, drug user or alcoholic. I do the best I can. I do have some money that I wanted to invest in equities. I found out that if I did, I would lose the medicaid health insurance I have. It was not worth it. If I am going to make more money, I need to make a lot more money that can make up for the lost health insurance. I am very proud of you on what you have achieved as I have known you for years on city data. You are young and healthy. I am not. I am still not going to use it as an excuse because I am very actively working on different ideas to pull my self out of this.

I am going to add this poll is going to be useless to determine anything locally. One reason is it is well known that the average forum poster on city data makes well above the national average. The other reason is people like to think something that they are not. Elite means the top .01% that makes $9.5 million a year+. At the time of this posting, 21% of people on this forum are elites lol. Yes, I have read before that the average poster on city data makes well above the national average. I wish I could find the threads as it was somewhere around $100,000 a year. That is a far cry from $9.5 million a year.

Last edited by Katie the heartbreaker; Yesterday at 09:07 PM..

Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM

2,863 posts, read 2,141,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnyc View Post
Not a pig noise. Kekistani.
Ah I see. From the dark heart of 4chan memes started by the formerly de-platformed Sargon of Akkad.

It looks like a pig and sounds like a pig.

So I've got one MAGA, one pepe/alt-reich/white nationalist, one independent/libertarian, and one conservative or possibly a proud boy or some combination of MAGA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnyc View Post
Downward mobility, poverty level salaries and rip off rents are such a hoot!
Yeet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
Yes, I know who you are referring to. That is Clarkcty.
Oh, that's right. Thank you for reminding me!

Quote:
My poverty is a result of severe fibromyalgia that was not through any fault of my own. I have never been a smoker, drug user or alcoholic. I do the best I can. I do have some money that I wanted to invest in equities. I found out that if I did, I would lose the medicaid health insurance I have. It was not worth it. If I am going to make more money, I need to make a lot more money that can make up for the lost health insurance. I am very proud of you on what you have achieved as I have known you for years on city data. You are young and healthy. I am not. I am still not going to use it as an excuse because I am very actively working on different ideas to pull my self out of this.
(((Hugs))) You have a very kind heart. Are you on Medicare or Medicaid then? I know the Governor expanded that for Nevada against the GOP status quo, which has helped the healthcare sector's growth.

I'm proud of EA's achievements too over the years and I do know he likes to debate. Keeps us on our toes.

Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM

I hear you, Katie.

Many years of taking care of my mother in order to keep her out of a nursing home put a dent in my financial picture. I have savings, pensions, but starting to worry a bit, along with wanting to get out of the house.

I stopped seeing a doctor because in conversation he said oh, you're one of those people who take their parents in when they're old - he said he lasted two weeks until he dumped his parent into a nursing home. I never went back to him after that.

Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM

652 posts, read 501,821 times
Quote:
Ah I see. From the dark heart of 4chan memes started by the formerly de-platformed Sargon of Akkad.

So I've got one MAGA, one pepe/alt-reich/white nationalist, one independent/libertarian, and one conservative or possibly a proud boy or some combination of MAGA.

Yeet!

(((Hugs))) You have a very kind heart. Are you on Medicare or Medicaid then? I know the Governor expanded that for Nevada against the GOP status quo, which has helped the healthcare sector's growth.

I'm proud of EA's achievements too over the years and I do know he likes to debate. Keeps us on our toes.

The expanded medicaid that Obama put in place and Trump actively tried to get rid of, but failed. I do not like having to be on it, but it has been a lifesaver for me. I do know that it will not be forever, so I will have to get my butt in gear.

Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM

We took care of our Grandpa too in old age. Even remodeling the garage into another bedroom. Now I'm taking in my Mom when we move to Las Vegas because she has no retirement and will be living off social security and a small nest egg from selling her house recently. Out of her four kids we're the only ones helping her. Not that the others can't but they haven't offered to.

Quote:
The expanded medicaid that Obama put in place and Trump actively tried to get rid of, but failed. I do not like having to be on it, but it has been a lifesaver for me. I do know that it will not be forever, so I will have to get my butt in gear.
Unless we can get Medicare for All (Universal Healthcare) in the next election. Bernie's is the best version which includes teeth and eyes. The rest all have their own versions with public options and extended roll out periods up to ten years. They need a debate solely for this so people can tell the difference and decide.

Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM

6,320 posts, read 6,423,467 times
Is the Middle Class or more of the Middle Class moving up, or down out ?

Old Yesterday, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Is the Middle Class or more of the Middle Class moving up, or down out ?
What? Both. Depending on what you look at. In Las Vegas it declined and according to another one it maintained. In cities like SF, NYC and LA they're moving upward and pulling the ladder behind them thus pushing the working class out of the city and increasing the wealth gap between the rich and poor.

Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM

Quote:

Yeet!

I wouldn't categorize you so casually and carelessly. I think you're a nice person who doesn't look at things the same way I do. I think it would take more than three minutes of searching to know what the chans are about. To mention Sargon (who's pretty much irrelevant) indicates you know nothing about it.

So to be "de-platformed" by YouTube means you're wrong? I think it means you're far more likely to be right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or