Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For fun, let us know in the poll where you fall.
Upper Class - Elite 6 11.76%
Upper Middle Class 23 45.10%
Lower Middle Class 11 21.57%
Working Class 4 7.84%
Poor - Poverty Level 7 13.73%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 06:56 PM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
REEEEEE why won't everyone think like me!!!

You're going to fit in well among the rest of the county's residents and their 17.4 average ACT score.
Real mature making a pig noise.

Still waiting for you to prove your claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I can say for the poor, things have gotten much worse. Not only myself, but all of the others I know in a similar situation. None of them have moved into middle class, just gotten poorer. I also know middle class people who have been both pushed higher and pushed lower, it all depends on their situation and how they handled their finances. The middle class people I know who owned property and have equity investments have moved to the upper middle class. On the flip side, people who were solidly middle class who rented and had no equities have seen their financial situation get worse. Some of them have now joined the poor. So again, I feel it is how you invested or lack of it, and whether you rented or own.
I would rep you for sharing your experience, but it won't let me until I spread it around.

Since I know you own do you feel it helped?

Old 07-29-2019, 07:02 PM

927 posts, read 883,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Real mature making a pig noise.

Still waiting for you to prove your claim.
Pig noise. LMAO.

What would you like me to prove exactly? How averages are affected when data is added to the set? That's 7th grade math.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:11 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,058,782 times
Quote:
I would rep you for sharing your experience, but it won't let me until I spread it around.

Since I know you own do you feel it helped?

Thank you. No, I rent. I have experienced a $150 monthly rent increase while getting $12 more in monthly income from Trump's tax cuts. I am one of the people who got pushed from poor to poverty.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:16 PM

EA, so I have 61% of the 6.5 million unauthorized immigrants in the top 20 metro areas declining sharply since 2007. These metro areas account for much of a national decline of the U.S. unauthorized immigrant population over the past decade when 7.7 million of them lived there.

That's the first three paragraphs. Las Vegas was at 180K in 2018 and 200K in 2007. A decline of 20K.

Paragraph 10 More metro areas lost unauthorized immigrants than gained them between 2007 and 2016.

Boy! You just threw that out there like I thought.

Nor does it make any mention of what jobs these immigrants take in Las Vegas. So we don't know if the jobs they're taking are staying relatively the same or making any difference on the decline or rise of the middle class in the Valley.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post
Pig noise. LMAO.

What would you like me to prove exactly? How averages are affected when data is added to the set? That's 7th grade math.
Your claim in post #9 that EA tried to prove for you.

Quote:
Thank you. No, I rent. I have experienced a $150 monthly rent increase while getting $12 more in monthly income from Trump's tax cuts. I am one of the people who got pushed from poor to poverty.
Oh, I thought you'd said in the past that you owned a condo and had problems with pot smokers living near you. Maybe it's another poster I'm thinking of. Sorry to hear about your current circumstance.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:20 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
Quote:
You still refuse to stand corrected even when the facts are right in front of you. The evidence does not support your original claim of upward mobility in the Valley.

As for this immigrant article let me look at it. Did you even read this one or are you just throwing out links you think agree with you again? I'm guessing the later since you didn't quote any part of it in support.

You posted a piece of the article that said the exact same thing I said.

I am 100% correct that upward mobility is responsible for the shift in classes.

If you consider the influx of illegals, and assume they're on the lower end of pay due to being illegal, They're still getting paid and still showing up on polls. So, DESPITE that, the middle class is staying the same here. That means that the illegals are taking the lower end jobs and pushing the lower class citizens into the middle class while the middle class are moving up into the upper class.

If you want to get technical and factual, everyone in America is in the top 1% of world income earners including the ultra poor. Americans on welfare are better off than people in third world countries.
ANY Venezuelan would happily trade places with any bum in America.

Quote:
I can say for the poor, things have gotten much worse. Not only myself, but all of the others I know in a similar situation. None of them have moved into middle class, just gotten poorer. I also know middle class people who have been both pushed higher and pushed lower, it all depends on their situation and how they handled their finances. The middle class people I know who owned property and have equity investments have moved to the upper middle class. On the flip side, people who were solidly middle class who rented and had no equities have seen their financial situation get worse. Some of them have now joined the poor. So again, I feel it is how you invested or lack of it, and whether you rented or own.

So what you're saying is that poor personal choices result in poor outcomes while good personal choices result in good outcomes?

Weird. Who would have thunk it?

Do good and make good decisions and good things happen. Wow. What a concept.
Do bad and make bad decisions and bad things happen. Amazing.

What really matters is what YOU are doing to better your situation.
Stop worrying about others and figure out your own problems. Stop trying to make your problems into mine.
I do not want to pay for your life choices. I do not want you to pay for mine.
Handle your own damn business and I'll handle mine.

If you're poor it's because of choices you made. If you're rich it's because of choices you made. Even if you inherited money. If you fail to manage it you will end up just as broke as everyone else.

If you want to make more money DO SOMETHING to earn more money. Stop expecting an employer or law or congressman or president to give you more money. It ain't going to happen.
If you want something you have to earn it.

My next step is buying a house and the new corvette. I have to make some lifestyle changes and earn some more money to do that.
So that is what I'm going to do.
No one is going to hand me a house. No one is going to hand me a corvette. I have to work for and pay for them both.
I'd much rather not have my income stolen to pay for losers who won't work to earn their own keep.
But that's not going to happen because the left wants to pander and the loser won't quit thinking they're some kind of victim.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
You posted a piece of the article that said the exact same thing I said.

I am 100% correct that upward mobility is responsible for the shift in classes.

If you consider the influx of illegals, and assume they're on the lower end of pay due to being illegal, They're still getting paid and still showing up on polls. So, DESPITE that, the middle class is staying the same here. That means that the illegals are taking the lower end jobs and pushing the lower class citizens into the middle class while the middle class are moving up into the upper class.
We posted the same thing but you are not correct. You still fail to see that it does not support your claim. A negative decline and a neutral or maintaining percentage does not equal an increase, and the unauthorized immigrant population also showed it was in decline for a decade, again disproving the furtherance of the claim. Noncitizens can not vote. That's a false claim.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:43 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,117,601 times
How does one accurately gauge how many illegal people are in the city?
Do they lock down the city and tag everyone and count them? Because if they don't, the true number of illegals is a mystery.

Just to dispel any notion of racism, I am all for open borders. I don't give a crap if people want to come here. If I was in charge I'd streamline the immigration process so it's like getting an ID. I'm also aware that illegal immigrants aren't all brown. People from all over the world and with all different skin tones immigrate here illegally. Most of the time they start out on a visa and just let it expire.

But anyway, there's no proof there's a decline or increase in illegals. Can't be accurately tracked.
The upper class is growing which means middle class people are entering it.

I'd suggest stop whining about being poor and go do something productive like obtaining marketable skills that are in demand.

Start a business. I did.
Learn to weld. I teach a class.
Get an actual career.
Do side work. I do.
Learn how to program computers.
Become a doctor.
Become a lawyer.
Start making youtube videos.
Grow your instagram followers.
Become an influencer.

Stop making excuses and go do something productive.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
How does one accurately gauge how many illegal people are in the city?
Do they lock down the city and tag everyone and count them? Because if they don't, the true number of illegals is a mystery.

Just to dispel any notion of racism, I am all for open borders. I don't give a crap if people want to come here. If I was in charge I'd streamline the immigration process so it's like getting an ID. I'm also aware that illegal immigrants aren't all brown. People from all over the world and with all different skin tones immigrate here illegally. Most of the time they start out on a visa and just let it expire.

But anyway, there's no proof there's a decline or increase in illegals. Can't be accurately tracked.
The upper class is growing which means middle class people are entering it.

I'd suggest stop whining about being poor and go do something productive like obtaining marketable skills that are in demand.

Start a business. I did.
Learn to weld. I teach a class.
Get an actual career.
Do side work. I do.
Learn how to program computers.
Become a doctor.
Become a lawyer.
Start making youtube videos.
Grow your instagram followers.
Become an influencer.

Stop making excuses and go do something productive.
Dude. You linked the proof and no one asked you to. It factored for the margin of error. Now you discredit the proof you provided. Oy vey.

I'm personally not poor and even if I was that's no excuse to pick on those in poverty like Katie. Nobody loves it when people tell them how to live their life and to quit whining. There's a lot more going on there for people in the lower classes that has to do with so many factors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas