U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 01:50 PM

948 posts, read 1,203,989 times

Advertisements

Dr. Roben is no longer at this address. Google still lists his address and pone there, so he must have recently left.
Thanks, LVMensh, I would appreciate her suggestion. Sorry she is retiring!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 04:16 PM

10,008 posts, read 22,289,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by localinsight View Post
Dr. Roben is no longer at this address. Google still lists his address and pone there, so he must have recently left.
Thanks, LVMensh, I would appreciate her suggestion. Sorry she is retiring!

If he is no longer there, he could have retired by now. I hate when the internet shows old information that looks current. I hope you find a good doctor, because from my experience in this valley, they are hard to find. The one's I have with my insurance plan, all they ever want to do is prescribe drugs and procedures. Not what I am looking for, so I avoid them as much as possible!

Old 08-10-2019, 06:32 PM

28,325 posts, read 40,162,653 times
Mine left for Kansas City. Got tired of the crap he had to put up with from corporate. He was good. Really good. Sounded like Trump when he talked. The first time he walked into the room and said hello we about crapped, LOL!

Current one is on probation with us. Only one visit, but he seems to know his stuff. #4 for us here. I'm asking for a handicapped tag next time I see him (or sooner depending). My wife has been telling me to do so for about 3 years now. I am, if nothing else, stubborn. Should be interesting to see what he says. To look at me you'd never know I need one.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:31 PM

12,120 posts, read 23,693,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
If he is no longer there, he could have retired by now. I hate when the internet shows old information that looks current. I hope you find a good doctor, because from my experience in this valley, they are hard to find. The one's I have with my insurance plan, all they ever want to do is prescribe drugs and procedures. Not what I am looking for, so I avoid them as much as possible!
100% truth... in Vegas for 3 years, I was tired.. very tired... they ran blood tests which showed I was anemic.. they recommended iron pills... didn't help....
moved here to florida... doctor ran blood tests.. found that I was extremely anemic.... started iron iv's immediately...
doing so much better now...

Old 08-13-2019, 01:51 PM

Someone sent me a private message with links to the NV state boards for osteopathy and medicine. I checked both doctors. Dr. Butler came back with no issues while Dr. Owen was in California and had 3 malpractice claims on his record. One was dismissed and two were settled, but I think since I don't know anything else about him, I will pass.

Old 08-14-2019, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
100% truth... in Vegas for 3 years, I was tired.. very tired... they ran blood tests which showed I was anemic.. they recommended iron pills... didn't help....
moved here to florida... doctor ran blood tests.. found that I was extremely anemic.... started iron iv's immediately...
doing so much better now...

I am glad you are doing so much better now. Doctors here seem to be lacking in many ways. You know what really irks me about doctors here? Every single one of them lies. If they want to prescribe a drug, I ask, "Will the side effects of that one clash with the side effects of my other one?" They always lie and say "No." They always clash, and some wreck people's lives.

Well, I recently went off of my night pill, having taken it for the last 3 years, when for some reason, I turned into a zombie and couldn't figure out why. I was always tired, fatigued, lethargic, foggy, could not think of the simplest things, legs, ankles, feet swelled up like the pillsbury dough woman, no motivation, no enthusiasm, etc, plus a ton more of bad side effects and night hallucinations. I have been seeing giant spiders running across the wall at night for years. Sometimes giant spider balls where they are all pulsing in and out of the ball as they are floating across the room. Bigger than someone's head. If I would focus on it, it would dissipate before my eyes. If that won't make you crazy, nothing will, except for more medications. I quit that pill last Wednesday and I feel ALIVE again! I am not constantly tired anymore. I have not felt this way in years. And I am NOT going back to more medications ever again! So, now I am anti-medications. I still take one, and that is all I will take until I don't need it anymore. I am doing lifestyle changes, and a lot of doctors hate that, because they cannot profit. And I don't really care anymore, because they all lie.
localinsight, there should be a way for you to find a decent doctor. I know some do exist somewhere in the valley. I just have not found any yet. So good luck! You will need it.

Old 08-19-2019, 02:55 PM

Thanks for telling us about your positive experience in getting off the medication, Pinkstring. I would love to avoid doctors but this year I had a battery of cardiac testing (with good symptomatic reasons) and my cardiologist would like to work with my primary doctor to rule out other causes. I had to tell him that I had 2 primaries but that neither would be a good candidate for him to consult with. He did refer me to someone. Very business oriented, but he was surprised that I was having so many problems finding an internist who wants to work. I am hoping she will work out. The only negative reviews posted online regard wait time. Her receptionist did mention that she is a working mother. It used to bother me when patient time was not regarded well by doctors. But, if that is the only problem, I am happy to give her a try.
I have gotten my medications way down from what they used to be, I figured that if a chemist couldn't predict synergistic effects in a petrie dish, then I shouldn't take them.

Old 08-20-2019, 04:43 PM

OK, I will admit I have found some good doctors at the Wound Care clinic at Mountainview I go to. But the hardest workers are the RN's. They do all the "heavy lifting" so to speak and the doctor comes in for a few minutes, looks at the problem, suggests what should be done, I thank her/him and she/he leaves. I do like that there are more female Doctors there. And everyone is so nice! From the receptionist, all the RN's, and most of the doctors. I have seen about 4 different doctors so far. I found out that many of them rotate through the hospital along with the RN's when there is a heavy load of wound care patients.

I really recommend this place for anyone with wounds that are hard to heal or just any wound in particular. There are several sites around the valley. They have been around for about 5+. They really know what they are doing. I would definitely go back again. And if you do not have insurance, they have steep discounts just for that. Posted on the wall in the lobby.

Old Today, 09:14 AM

28,325 posts, read 40,162,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I am glad you are doing so much better now. Doctors here seem to be lacking in many ways. You know what really irks me about doctors here? Every single one of them lies. If they want to prescribe a drug, I ask, "Will the side effects of that one clash with the side effects of my other one?" They always lie and say "No." They always clash, and some wreck people's lives.

Well, I recently went off of my night pill, having taken it for the last 3 years, when for some reason, I turned into a zombie and couldn't figure out why. I was always tired, fatigued, lethargic, foggy, could not think of the simplest things, legs, ankles, feet swelled up like the pillsbury dough woman, no motivation, no enthusiasm, etc, plus a ton more of bad side effects and night hallucinations. I have been seeing giant spiders running across the wall at night for years. Sometimes giant spider balls where they are all pulsing in and out of the ball as they are floating across the room. Bigger than someone's head. If I would focus on it, it would dissipate before my eyes. If that won't make you crazy, nothing will, except for more medications. I quit that pill last Wednesday and I feel ALIVE again! I am not constantly tired anymore. I have not felt this way in years. And I am NOT going back to more medications ever again! So, now I am anti-medications. I still take one, and that is all I will take until I don't need it anymore. I am doing lifestyle changes, and a lot of doctors hate that, because they cannot profit. And I don't really care anymore, because they all lie.
localinsight, there should be a way for you to find a decent doctor. I know some do exist somewhere in the valley. I just have not found any yet. So good luck! You will need it.
Cymbalta? It stopped all my pain. Damn that felt good! But Zombie mode. Sit and stare at whatever happened to be in front me. Jabber man Tek replied with, at most, three words. I could not stand up from a chair without help. Shuffled when I walked. Too much effort to lift my feet.

Another plus: My driving improved because I simply didn't care if I got anywhere on time so no speeding.

I was on the minimum dosage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or