U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM

430 posts, read 303,548 times

Advertisements

Keyboard warriors assemble!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM
EA

6,264 posts, read 5,262,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I do know and see what is going on. I recently posted about the man who cleans the building where I work. I had said how he told me he is saving $7,000 a year in taxes under Trump's tax cuts. He is not just a housekeeper. He owns the company and has multiple employees. He told me how he made $90,000 last year. In disbelief, not only did he not have to pay ANY taxes, he got $500 back! Meanwhile, at my meager $14,500 salary I had to pay $1,400 in taxes between social security and federal. Yes, I am angry, very angry. I have rallied against this for years, but I never knew how bad it really was. Trump has made it many times worse. The funny thing is all the people doing this will be the reason this country fails. Unfortunately, they are going to bring down everyone else with them.

I could not, in good conscience, be a part of this. There are very rich liberals who do choose to pay their taxes because they know it is for the greater good. I also had posted how he is a liberal, as is his whole family. He is voting for Trump this next election. He is exactly what I will never allow myself to become.

I paid zero is taxes 2 years running and I'm hoping to make it til I die.

NOTHING my taxes go to is worthwhile. The bulk of tax money goes to losers who won't work and the military. I want nothing to do with either of those things.
Our military is so bloated it's not even funny and the bulk of their activity is murdering people we have no business even being near.
I pay for roads with gas tax and even though gas tax is insane here, the roads are pretty damn bad.
Schools are paid for with property tax and I'm more than likely pulling my kids out. Schools are garbage in America. I do not want to pay for them at all.
I damn sure don't want to pay government salaries. I do not want to pay for police. I'd gladly pay for fire services as needed.

So instead of trying to pay taxes that get wasted by the government, you too should try to avoid paying them. I'm going to use every damn loophole I can.

Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM

401 posts, read 566,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post

NOTHING my taxes go to is worthwhile. The bulk of tax money goes to losers who won't work and the military. I want nothing to do with either of those things.
Our military is so bloated it's not even funny and the bulk of their activity is murdering people we have no business even being near.
I pay for roads with gas tax and even though gas tax is insane here, the roads are pretty damn bad.
Schools are paid for with property tax and I'm more than likely pulling my kids out. Schools are garbage in America. I do not want to pay for them at all.
I damn sure don't want to pay government salaries. I do not want to pay for police. I'd gladly pay for fire services as needed.

So instead of trying to pay taxes that get wasted by the government, you too should try to avoid paying them. I'm going to use every damn loophole I can.
I get a lot of that. I am tired of paying for death abroad, and the bloat making it more expensive than it has to be to begin with. Our blood and treasure for endeavors the locals don’t want is not in any way a good trade, or in line with anything I can call ethics.

I can understand a safety net, but would appreciate something more minimal.

I also think the Prussian model for schools we get taxed for are embarrassingly bad. One size fits all for learning is terrible, and frankly our schools are designed to groom good citizens rather than good thinkers.

On the other hand, I don’t mind paying for roads and first responders. They’re here for all of us, and i’ll sign the social contract and pay for those. I do object to toll roads, since the fuel taxes and fed grants are supposed to take care of that, doubly so because toll roads themselves are often in no better condition than the “free” roads nearby.

Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM

660 posts, read 463,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
I think both parties want to have security on immigration.
Good one.

All politicians are bought off by people who profit off immigration.

They will never stop importing cheaper labor.

Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM

Quote:
If I succeed in my endeavors, I will stay the same and continue to pay my taxes to support the people that cannot. I am a liberal democrat for life.
The top 1% pay more in taxes than the bottom 90% combined.

Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post

Not to mention all the employment they typically provide.

And each of those employees pays a bunch of tax too.

Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM

12,091 posts, read 23,629,573 times
Quote:
I do know and see what is going on. I recently posted about the man who cleans the building where I work. I had said how he told me he is saving $7,000 a year in taxes under Trump's tax cuts. He is not just a housekeeper. He owns the company and has multiple employees. He told me how he made $90,000 last year. In disbelief, not only did he not have to pay ANY taxes, he got $500 back! Meanwhile, at my meager $14,500 salary I had to pay $1,400 in taxes between social security and federal. Yes, I am angry, very angry. I have rallied against this for years, but I never knew how bad it really was. Trump has made it many times worse. The funny thing is all the people doing this will be the reason this country fails. Unfortunately, they are going to bring down everyone else with them.

I could not, in good conscience, be a part of this. There are very rich liberals who do choose to pay their taxes because they know it is for the greater good. I also had posted how he is a liberal, as is his whole family. He is voting for Trump this next election. He is exactly what I will never allow myself to become.
on 14,500, you pay approximately $230 in federal tax... everybody pays into social security..
less than 10% after the threshold.

did you not get a refund?

Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM
EA

I used form 4029 to get out of SS and Medicare.

Old Today, 12:11 AM

659 posts, read 505,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post

I totally agree with your statement on the military. It needs to be scaled way down only for defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08grad View Post

No, they do not. Almost all of the 1% make their money on investments or on their own company's profits. Very few of them work as employees, and it is only employees who cannot take advantage of all the tax loopholes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
on 14,500, you pay approximately $230 in federal tax... everybody pays into social security..
less than 10% after the threshold.

did you not get a refund?

I did not get a refund, I paid approx $1100 in social security and $250 in federal. I will have to look at my statements to get exact numbers. The man I am referring to got $500 back and paid nothing in, not in social security either. That is why I included it in my numbers. I paid approx $1400 in total and he got a $500 refund in total. He makes over 6 times what I make. EA is confirming the same thing.

In conclusion, if you own a business you do not have to pay taxes. If you are an employee, you do. I now understand why so many successful doctors and lawyers always start their own practice, even know they make very high salaries from their employers.

Old Today, 12:15 AM

Quote:
No they do not. Almost all of the 1% make their money on investments or on their own company's profits. Very few of them work as employees, and it is only employees who cannot take advantage of all the tax loopholes.
https://taxfoundation.org/summary-la...a-2018-update/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or