U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 12:48 PM

498 posts, read 177,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
You work at the base, right? Doesn't Nellis have services that will help you find a place for rent?
I am just a contractor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 01:17 PM

2,584 posts, read 2,486,402 times
Hope it works out my dude. Good luck.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrhazy View Post
Hope it works out my dude. Good luck.
It was a great deal and then this depraved man had to come in and ruin it.

I think its time for a place of my own. I was prepared for a scenario like this. I still have more than 30 grand in my checking.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:40 AM

9,999 posts, read 22,268,004 times
I hope the new place works for you much better. If you don't mind that area, then why not? Closer to work and lower stress levels, a win win. Good luck and keep us updated now and then.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I hope the new place works for you much better. If you don't mind that area, then why not? Closer to work and lower stress levels, a win win. Good luck and keep us updated now and then.
Thanks. I had no choice. Winning or losing a physical fight would have far greater consequences for me than him. Would have been nightmare/worst case scenario. They did zero screening of this man and I'm not a teenager to be getting involved in petty disagreements and end up in jail.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:39 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,287,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinVegasHeights View Post
It was a great deal and then this depraved man had to come in and ruin it.

I think its time for a place of my own. I was prepared for a scenario like this. I still have more than 30 grand in my checking.

I was going to suggest it's time for your own place. There's nothing like coming home and it's just you. No crazies to come home to etc, no stress.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:16 PM

2,080 posts, read 2,322,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
I was going to suggest it's time for your own place. There's nothing like coming home and it's just you. No crazies to come home to etc, no stress.

Agreed.

I had a roommate only 1 time, I think he moved out in within 2 months

Old 08-12-2019, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
Seems meant to be.That apartment would have been snatched up quick. It went from three open Sunday morning to now just one left and not available until 09-21.

And I was surprised at how fast they approved me and verified my income by 930am today. Now I have the pleasure of having my own nv energy bill. Did the roommate thing for over a year, but time to progress and stabilize.

Washer and dryer in the unit, and not having to pull anyone else's laundry out

Nature abhors a vacuum. I like that saying.

In a void, no one could say why a thing once set in motion should stop anywhere; for why should it stop here rather than here? So that a thing will either be at rest or must be moved ad infinitum, unless something more powerful gets in its way.

Old 08-13-2019, 02:55 AM

9,999 posts, read 22,268,004 times
There was a story on the news where they said a roommate was shot to death. I got worried, thinking it was you with the problems you have been having, then they showed it was far east side. But still. Good thing you got out when you did. They could have turned much more dangerous. And been a threat to your safety in a major way. Some people are really wacky out there.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
There was a story on the news where they said a roommate was shot to death. I got worried, thinking it was you with the problems you have been having, then they showed it was far east side. But still. Good thing you got out when you did. They could have turned much more dangerous. And been a threat to your safety in a major way. Some people are really wacky out there.
I thought that Master bedroom would be my own little slice of heaven. Not so much. They stopped screening people properly and when you mix money problems with too much time on your hands...Idle hands are the devil's playground.

It's one thing to be hit up when you're not home. But to have that when you are home is unacceptable.

I am not a bank to be preyed upon because you are "struggling." I think I can handle doing my own laundry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or