U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 07:15 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,317,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
This stuff was all new to me. The dude insisted on doing this 3 hour presentation that felt like high school chemistry class. Most painful thing ever when I had a lot else to be doing. But now I know a lot more than I wanted about purified water.
One thing that I learned when we moved here is that there is a lot of competition in the water softening business here, and salespeople tend to bury you with information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 01:31 AM
Status: "Goodbye Portland, Hello Las Vegas!" (set 6 days ago)

5,882 posts, read 6,074,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
One thing that I learned when we moved here is that there is a lot of competition in the water softening business here, and salespeople tend to bury you with information.
Yeah I figured that must be it! Or I thought perhaps a lot of people go cheap to Loews or Home Depot and they feel they have to justify the extra cost. Iím not really like that, I want the best within reason and Iíll pay for it. Iím most companiesí dream customer ha ha.

Old Today, 09:25 AM

43 posts, read 49,865 times
After much trial and error, I've determined that every other month works best in my house. The best prices I've found are online at DiscountFilters.com, for both my HVAC and refrigerator. Been using them for 7 years.

Old Today, 03:23 PM

2,570 posts, read 665,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
Help the blower motor last longer? Why bother. I have never had to replace one, or even heard of anyone replacing theirs.
You make a good point. However, when the HVAC system stops working, it seems like it is ALWAYS during a heat wave, and when you call every HVAC company in town, they all say they are booked up for a week or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas