Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 01:52 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal07 View Post
I was in Vegas over the weekend and I was sickened by what I saw. We went to the mall at Fremont to watch the light show and it was nothing but hundreds and hundreds of gangbangers in crowds hanging out drinking alcohol and most of them looked like underage high schoolers and the cops on foot patrol walking around did nothing about it and would just walk right past them back and forth like it was nothing. I was shocked! It was so scary there, that my wife and I got the hell right out of there. It was the most uncomfortable sickening atmosphere I jave ever experienced in Vegas. As we were walking out of the mall a big gang member fight broke out between 2 people right out in the open of the mall and the 2 cops on foot patrol sat there and watched for a few seconds and then just departed them like it was nothing. You wonder why that place is a total ARMPIT? Cops don't enforce safety and don't arrest people for assault in front of the public and then the gangs are in a comfort zone and think "He they won't do anything to me?" "I'll just continue hanging out here because they don't do anything!" and that's why you see no change and that's why the mall is what it is. Nice to know where your tax dollars are going to. Other than Vegas is great and I love it.
gotta say this sounds pretty far fetched.

a) you don't say what night, but in a later post you elude to it being friday (you tell someone to go the on a friday night to experience the 'horror')

b) this past friday was both first friday and the night of the las vegas gay pride parade (which ran up 4th st, intersecting FSE from about 8-10pm - hmmm...isn't that when this scary incident was supposed to have happened?)

c) the downtown area was full of cops due to both

d) i was downtown (FSE) on friday and saw nothing out of the ordinary w/ the exception of more open gayness than usual

e) i was downtown on sunday and the "fabulousness" was still in effect from the pride parade (gotta assume it was there saturday night as well)

f) you claim there was a big gang fight and then in the same sentence you say it was between two people (2 = big?)

now, i am not wholeheartedly dismissing your claim of being afraid....but your description of the incident sounds pretty suspect. several hundred bangers? they must have mixed in great w/ all the gay and lesbians around. the fact that you failed to even mention anything about the parade also makes your story a bit suspect

Old 05-07-2008, 02:01 AM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You newby rookie need to learn a few lessons of the TOU here. This is the 2nd time you called me crap and now you are starting on AAAPool. We both have more class then you coppers ever can have. As for that dynaglide nut case he is always starting trouble so he is ignored by all but 3 of us anyway.

Go ahead. Try it again. You already have 5 mods with their finger on the trigger waiting for your next move.

Would the Mods please close this thread before it gets worse?

Thanks
if the Mods didn't close this when you launched your personal attacks on our resident police officer/s (and most recently your childish name calling directed at on Dyn) what makes you think they would step on this?

Old 05-07-2008, 07:50 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
if the Mods didn't close this when you launched your personal attacks on our resident police officer/s (and most recently your childish name calling directed at on Dyn) what makes you think they would step on this?
I guess you are right. There is a first time for everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas