Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 07:45 AM

95 posts, read 358,272 times

Advertisements

Use this link...it will give you an idea of crime in Las Vegas

CrimeView Community Incident Map
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 02:27 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,598 times
Crime in Vegas may be more of a problem than before, but I'd gladly take the toughest neighborhoods in Vegas over the most dangerous in Baltimore, Chicago, DC, Philly, NYC and several other cities.

The national media doesn't seem to portray Vegas as overly dangerous. CNN has done stories in homicide in Chicago and NO (post-Katrina), but I haven't seen anything about Vegas.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:14 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
I posted a three part question but thought I'd separate this one.

Crime... Vegas is a high crime area I've read.

When living in apartments, do 2nd floor units get broken into just as much as 1st floor/ground level?

And if so, do they break down the door or do they use ladders to reach the 2nd floor balcony? Or do they climb trees to the roof then scale down to land on the balcony?

I'm wondering what steps I should take to ensure my 2nd floor apt over at Eagle Trace doesn't get hit. I'm going to buy and install 2 night latches ( I think they are called that)..the kind that is screwed into the frame and then the piece goes perpendicular at the door to preven it from opening. I figure 2 would be double protection.

But what about when I'm not home?
possibly leave a few rattlesnakes on your doorstep and on the balcony.....short of that.....lock the door and dont worry about it.....I have been here for the most part of 45 years and have lived in pretty shakey areas....still here....still safe.....pretty much unaffected by crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas