Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 12:40 PM

37 posts, read 128,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoDevil View Post
I won't lie. I really don't know where to meet people here. I know there are people that are like me and I will find them. Every place I have been there is always a different approach to finding people to create friendships with. I'm still working on Vegas but when I have the answer I will definately post it. Anyone have any suggestions because Myspace is not the answer. Hahahahahha.
I'll make sure to look you up if our move to LV goes through. You sound like a lot of fun.

My daughter always teases me because she says I make friends while standing in the grocery line....but I like most people, so why not?

My hubby makes friends with people he plays softball with--do they do that out there? I also like to walk my dog and get out in the neighborhood, so there's bound to be somebody friendly that I run into.

Let's meet up for a barbeque when we get there--I make a great potato salad....lol

Nina

PS One other idea is joining those "progressive dinners" groups, where you go to one couple's home for appetizers, the next couple's home for salad, next for main course, etc.....it's a great way to meet people and you usually get great food!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 01:15 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,410,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoDevil View Post
I won't lie. I really don't know where to meet people here. I know there are people that are like me and I will find them. Every place I have been there is always a different approach to finding people to create friendships with. I'm still working on Vegas but when I have the answer I will definately post it. Anyone have any suggestions because Myspace is not the answer. Hahahahahha.
dog park.

the majority of people i know in las vegas i have met through the dog parks (or people i know from the dog parks).

only really works for people w/ dogs i guess.....

Old 06-17-2008, 01:23 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,289,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessjim View Post
dog park.

the majority of people i know in las vegas i have met through the dog parks (or people i know from the dog parks).

only really works for people w/ dogs i guess.....
There are people who don't have/love dogs? Shoot the the ba*tards.

Hey, I've been here most of my life and am still trying to figure it out, so when you do, let me know too please.

I think most of my friends have come from either work or from having children who made friends with other kids, then I got to know the parents. My daughter is now a mommy and I still find friends through her.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:48 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,836,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNina83 View Post
I'll make sure to look you up if our move to LV goes through. You sound like a lot of fun.

My daughter always teases me because she says I make friends while standing in the grocery line....but I like most people, so why not?

My hubby makes friends with people he plays softball with--do they do that out there? I also like to walk my dog and get out in the neighborhood, so there's bound to be somebody friendly that I run into.

Let's meet up for a barbeque when we get there--I make a great potato salad....lol

Nina

PS One other idea is joining those "progressive dinners" groups, where you go to one couple's home for appetizers, the next couple's home for salad, next for main course, etc.....it's a great way to meet people and you usually get great food!
Quite a bit of softball out here. The leagues range from friendly to very competetive. There is also an adult baseball league out here.

As far as BBQ goes, I know you Texans are very serious about BBQ. I don't know that we can compete with Texas BBQ out here. Maybe you should bring the brisket!

Old 06-17-2008, 06:05 PM

37 posts, read 128,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
Quite a bit of softball out here. The leagues range from friendly to very competetive. There is also an adult baseball league out here.

As far as BBQ goes, I know you Texans are very serious about BBQ. I don't know that we can compete with Texas BBQ out here. Maybe you should bring the brisket!
Thanks for the info; I'll be happy to supply the brisket when I get there, if all works out.

I'm actually a naturalized Texan, born and bred in Chicago...so I actually do hot dogs and pizza too. Any good places for those? Not that food is my priority....

Nina

Old 06-17-2008, 06:20 PM

2,086 posts, read 6,836,675 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info; I'll be happy to supply the brisket when I get there, if all works out.

I'm actually a naturalized Texan, born and bred in Chicago...so I actually do hot dogs and pizza too. Any good places for those? Not that food is my priority....

Nina

The good news is that there are pizza and dog joints out here. The bad news is that the one that I know of is NY style.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:18 AM

66 posts, read 137,311 times
Quote:

Nina
I'm from Texas but I love hot dogs. I know what's in them or rumored but who cares, half the stuff we eat probably fell on the floor in some factory somewhere anyways. Just don't like the cheap ones where you get something crunchy. BTW Nina Chicago is a cool place to hang out.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:19 AM

66 posts, read 137,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Psyh cology? Is that the study of scything grain? Remember, what ye reap, so ye shall sow...so... we hate you too.
HHAHAHAH Buzz! I like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas