Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 05:49 PM

561 posts, read 675,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoguy1966 View Post
So I have recently purchased a property off north Decatur and Craig area..1.2 acres..and the well has started to leak back down well causing the well to cycle excessively. .can I pull the well to fix it
Not only can you, but you're going to have to. The water authority has become more aggressive in enforcing the 1000 gal /day average since the earlier posts. If you consistently exceed that, they will force you to cap the well and hook up to municipal water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 09:15 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,724,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoguy1966 View Post
So I have recently purchased a property off north Decatur and Craig area..1.2 acres..and the well has started to leak back down well causing the well to cycle excessively. .can I pull the well to fix it
Of course. There is never an issue unless the well casing is involved and you might still get it done. Call Water Well Services or similar and have it fixed.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:21 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,724,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVAllen View Post
Not only can you, but you're going to have to. The water authority has become more aggressive in enforcing the 1000 gal /day average since the earlier posts. If you consistently exceed that, they will force you to cap the well and hook up to municipal water.
No they won't. They have no enforcement powers. And in fact they don't ever want to take one of these to court as they have dirty hands. There have been virtually no enforcement activities over the last 6 or 7 years. The State Engineer does not really want to test the water.

I would think at this point nothing other than gross violations will be pursued.

This guy by the way appears to have a domestic well which is not metered...

Old 03-29-2015, 11:45 PM

561 posts, read 675,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
No they won't. They have no enforcement powers. And in fact they don't ever want to take one of these to court as they have dirty hands. There have been virtually no enforcement activities over the last 6 or 7 years. The State Engineer does not really want to test the water.

I would think at this point nothing other than gross violations will be pursued.

That may be so. My FIL received a nasty-gram from them a few years back because the well was leaking, and the usage the previous year had been significantly higher than allowed. He wrote them back and let them know that yes, the usage was that high, but the leak had been repaired. Never heard from them again.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 855 times
I may be purchasing a home off of North Tenaya just north of Elkhorn its a shared well,are there any issues that you are aware of? also I'm not sure how this gets paid is it a consumption rate and what is the average ? or does everyone pay flat fee? All new to me. I appreciate the help and info very much thank you

Old 06-07-2016, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

The State is still reading meters and they are pursuing the largest over pumpers and are working down the ladder.

I fortunately have irrevocable rights on a very large and very unique property with beautiful landscaping. I am adding more "acre feet" rights as their is only a gain in adding this value to my property. We were the first residence in the valley to move to smart irrigation control that is adjusted daily via the Hydropoint service. That system has paid for itself 10x in 7 years solely on saving of the electricity for the well system.

Can you tell me what led to "dirty hands?

Old 06-14-2016, 10:51 AM

19 posts, read 28,037 times
On our shared well we split all the costs associated with having it equally between the 4 homes using it. Is it fair, some probably feel it is not but I don't se any other way to do it. Electricity and repairs is what we split, everyone will get a bill from the state for I believe $50 a year for being on the well. FWIW we have two pools and one of those has a fair bit of grass, one other has a small amount of grass and no pool and one has neither grass nor a pool. Everyone is fine with just splitting the costs to run and maintain the well. But I am sure in many cases that is not true.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:52 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,670,577 times
Are they requiring pump meters on wells now? By default, each well is allowed 40K gallons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: