U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-11-2008, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 6,518 times
Default NO hoa

I am looking to purchase a home in clark county that does not have hoa but is a pretty area. Can anyone let me know the areas that do not have hoa's?

Thank you
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 01:28 PM

9,125 posts, read 22,341,024 times
You're either going to be in the older in-town areas, or the more rural areas out north of Cheyenne (which are rapidly disappearing).

Old 06-11-2008, 03:38 PM

29 posts, read 71,865 times
The newest house I've seen (my wife and I are investors, so we've seen literally hundreds) without an HOA was built in 1990 ... with one exception. A new house was built on a vacant parcel in our neighborhood last year. The rest of our neighborhood was built starting around 1960, with the newest houses built in the mid 70s.

We're in the 89108 zip, and there are many older neighborhoods areas (with no HOAs) here. I've seen many nice older (by Vegas standards) neighborhoods throughout the valley, but I can't off hand give you the zip codes.

A good Realtor could certainly help you out with that.

If you don't demand a new house, you will often find that in addition to no pesky association, the older houses have larger lots, older trees, bigger rooms, and, in many cases, more established (and friendlier) neighbors.

Hope that helps.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:19 PM

117 posts, read 27,847 times
A lot of misinformation here.

We bought our newly built house at a location one mile north of the Rhodes Ranch (89148) community in 2002 when our area was brand new. We are within two blocks of Tanaka Elementary, a half-mile east of Feiss Middle School, and less than one mile south of Southern Hills Hospital. We have no HOA and are very glad we don't.

Most of the homes in our area are quality US HOME/Lennar houses in a nice, convenient neighborhood.

I am sure there are many other newer areas in the Las Vegas valley without HOA restrictions but you'll probably have to find a knowledgable realtor to know exactly where.

You might just want to do a "las vegas" "no hoa" - Google Search

Last edited by freeXSvegas; 06-11-2008 at 05:30 PM..

Old 06-11-2008, 06:38 PM

15,758 posts, read 19,186,883 times
It is pretty close to impossible in tracts in Henderson or City of Las Vegas. It is impossible in Summerlin.

It is relatively easy in some areas of Clark County. The County is less restrictive on the subject. There are also some in North Las Vegas.

You can also find light weight HOAs. These require a payment for the community landscaping but otherwise have no controlling structure.

At higher price points it is relatively easy. Most of the NW Rural Preserve is free of HOAs. Be careful though...some places have an HOA hidden as a Well Association.

Edit - Looked at the google list...at least one is a flat lie. There are no homes in Summerlin without HOAs...by definition.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:57 AM

302 posts, read 752,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDENDAZE View Post
I am looking to purchase a home in clark county that does not have hoa but is a pretty area. Can anyone let me know the areas that do not have hoa's?

Thank you
Spring Valley has a plenty of townhouses for sale. 100% NO HOA's :-) There are several townhouses that are on the market in my neighborhood area. let me know if you're interested. I can give you the excat location.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:54 PM

15,758 posts, read 19,186,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD Hawaii View Post
Spring Valley has a plenty of townhouses for sale. 100% NO HOA's :-) There are several townhouses that are on the market in my neighborhood area. let me know if you're interested. I can give you the excat location.
There are two townhouses out of 220 in the SW quadrant showing no HOA fee. Both were built in the 70s and are below 1000SF. I don't believe it is possible for the last 20 years to build townhouses without an HOA. Almost by definition they have common grounds...thus require an HOA....

Old 06-15-2008, 02:10 AM

2,404 posts, read 7,166,876 times
maybe she's confused between duplex and townhouse as there are a lot of duplexes in that area...

Old 06-16-2008, 07:01 AM

1,174 posts, read 2,613,827 times
Try the River Mountain area in Henderson. For reference, the street names are all horse related (Equestrian, Appaloosa, etc). These are not a tract, but custom homes. Some built back in the 70's, some being built on empty lots today. Most lots are 1/3 acre.

A development I know of without an HOA (or at least, without a strict one) in Henderson is just east of Calico Ridge, just south of Lake Mead. I'm not sure of the development name, though. I have friends that live in there on Armillaria St. It is a very well-maintained neighborhood, and the houses were built in the 90's.

Good luck.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 4,415 times
Orchard Valley development (off of Durango & Farm Road in zip 89131) has no HOA. The homes were built in 1996.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas