Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 07:04 PM

45 posts, read 209,389 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

This is not my first trip to Vegas and not my first for looking at homes... just an FYI for you. My last time that I went to Vegas to look at home I had this really horrible Realtor who took us to the worst areas. She took us to places in areas we did not even want to go to. Of course being from out of town I didn't know better to say anything at the time. It was such a waste!

Anyway, I am determined to find a good realtor for our trip out in a week. I don't want to waste precious time while I am there with my husband. Anyone know of any good Realtors in the Henderson area that we could reach out to? I want someone who actually knows how to take what someone is looking for and find it. This is a chance for my husband and I to come without the kids so I don't want to go with another Realtor who wastes our time while we are there.

I appreciate any advice or recommendations.

Thank you!

Mod note: it's actually against the wishes of the administrators to have specific real estate agents recommended on the board because we have realty agents participating on the forum and are designated as such. Please only use DMs for specific recommendations.

Last edited by scirocco22; 06-13-2008 at 11:10 PM..

Old 06-12-2008, 07:53 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,318,805 times
Do the work yourself beforehand. Get on Realtor.Com, key in your price range and Henderson and get as specific as you want. That's the best for everyone concerned. It's not exactly a picnic for a realtor to spend his/her gas running someone around previewing things nor is it fun wasting your precious time looking at things that don't fit your specifications.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:05 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
Jameson is right. No Realtor will schlep you around all day when you are not buying anything. I say this because it appears you are visiting for a week and want a grand tour.

Like Jameson said. Go to Realtor.com and print out a list of everything that sounds good to you and come here and buy a good road map. Take a grand tour on your own with out being at the mercy of a pushy Realtor. If you see a house you love then you can call who ever is on the sign.

You can ask here for some good areas but if you do a search you will learn that question has already been asked a few thousand times.

Realtors are very very very hungry right now so they will work their ashes off to please you.

Have fun...........

Old 06-12-2008, 08:51 PM

Thank you for your comments. I should have been more detailed in my post.

The few times that we did come to go around we did it on our own. The last time we went we got in touch with a Realtor who spent 2 hours in one day with us showing houses. Not anywhere near an entire day and such. No matter how much research I do I can't seem to get as familiar with the areas as someone who actual lives in the area. I even sent the realtor stats on my current area and the type of home we live in with pictures so she could get a broader scope of what we are about.

I would never expect a Realtor to "schlep" me around all day when I am not buying anything. Actually we've been looking all this time so we can actually buy something. I was actually a Realtor a while back so I can relate to where they are coming from also. I just think I got a lady who was maybe retired and just doing this as a side thing. She wasn't career realtor that I could tell after some time spent talking to her.

Thanks again!

Old 06-12-2008, 09:34 PM

59 posts, read 326,858 times
I PMed the info of a good realtor in Henderson area, good luck with your visit and if you do use the realtor I told you about let me know how she did If not then still let me know how it went.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:32 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirancs8 View Post
Thank you for your comments. I should have been more detailed in my post.

The few times that we did come to go around we did it on our own. The last time we went we got in touch with a Realtor who spent 2 hours in one day with us showing houses. Not anywhere near an entire day and such. No matter how much research I do I can't seem to get as familiar with the areas as someone who actual lives in the area. I even sent the realtor stats on my current area and the type of home we live in with pictures so she could get a broader scope of what we are about.

I would never expect a Realtor to "schlep" me around all day when I am not buying anything. Actually we've been looking all this time so we can actually buy something. I was actually a Realtor a while back so I can relate to where they are coming from also. I just think I got a lady who was maybe retired and just doing this as a side thing. She wasn't career realtor that I could tell after some time spent talking to her.

Thanks again!
Tell you what. I will come up with three good realtors in Henderson for you. You interview them and decide if you want one of them. If you decide to use one and do so successfully you buy me and my wife dinner ($200) and send a $200 donation to Shade Tree.

I am, as is well known, an RE Agent and good at this stuff. I won't do a specifc to Henderson as there are people much more into that area than me. I try never to go east of the strip.

So are you willing to pay a little for a good buyers agent in Henderson?

Old 06-13-2008, 01:52 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
$200 for dinner? I guess McD's is out of the question then.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:59 AM

Olecapt,

That was great! I should try doing that for people moving to PA. I have been PM'd a few Realtors to check out so lets see what I dig up.

Cheers!
Christine

Old 06-13-2008, 11:53 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
Olecapt...............? $200 for dinner for two?

When the economy was good for everyone including me, up until a couple years ago we enjoyed an expensive dinner now and then just to celebrate trivial successes in our lives.

I can not even think of a place for $200 for a dinner for 2 even if you add in way too many drinks.

Im sure some will come up with a few places. But those places will be where I am sure to meet some movie stars.

Yeeks!!!

Old 06-13-2008, 12:24 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Olecapt...............? $200 for dinner for two?

When the economy was good for everyone including me, up until a couple years ago we enjoyed an expensive dinner now and then just to celebrate trivial successes in our lives.

I can not even think of a place for $200 for a dinner for 2 even if you add in way too many drinks.

Im sure some will come up with a few places. But those places will be where I am sure to meet some movie stars.

Yeeks!!!
I have spent about $500 for dinner for two. That one was at Bellagio. I have gotten to $200 at Emerils, Vintners Grill, Mon Ami Gabe and any of the steak houses. $300 at Nobu and Michaels.

The $500 was a birthday with a 0 in it.

We find we often get to $50 or so at the neighborhood places. Dropped $170 last night for a party of three at Grape Street...though that was driven by the excessive consumption of good wine in good company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: