Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2008, 11:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,890 times

Advertisements

I suffer a mental disorder and lost everything I ever had -
never married-
can't own a home-
get lost going to Walmart-

I got a speeding ticket a while back in a state I lived. The next day I freaked when my assistant handed me my mail and it had a letter from where someone driving MY car got a parking ticket a month earlier. {the speeding ticket was going 35 in a 25- never gotten a ticket before, don't even litter...so I KNOW I wasn't speeding}

Like everything else ...I lost the ticket and letter. Organization isn't my strong suit.

When I got my license in Nevada....I presented an older, but not expired drivers license from somewhere else...not my home state.

I got the license {took a few tries for the tests}

But.... are the DMV systems linked up to each other by Driver's License numbers or do they use social security numbers...meaning if I was to ever get stopped...would the Nevada DMV system have info from a DL they don't have on file for me?

Thanks for any help! I was thinking about buying a car here in Nevada as the other car got repoed....but am afraid to register it....I'll be on the grid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 01:02 AM

623 posts, read 1,816,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredtoDeath View Post
I suffer a mental disorder and lost everything I ever had -
never married-
can't own a home-
get lost going to Walmart-

I got a speeding ticket a while back in a state I lived. The next day I freaked when my assistant handed me my mail and it had a letter from where someone driving MY car got a parking ticket a month earlier. {the speeding ticket was going 35 in a 25- never gotten a ticket before, don't even litter...so I KNOW I wasn't speeding}

Like everything else ...I lost the ticket and letter. Organization isn't my strong suit.

When I got my license in Nevada....I presented an older, but not expired drivers license from somewhere else...not my home state.

I got the license {took a few tries for the tests}

But.... are the DMV systems linked up to each other by Driver's License numbers or do they use social security numbers...meaning if I was to ever get stopped...would the Nevada DMV system have info from a DL they don't have on file for me?

Thanks for any help! I was thinking about buying a car here in Nevada as the other car got repoed....but am afraid to register it....I'll be on the grid.

Shouldnt be a problem for you. Worst case scenario, the town that issued the ticket will issue a bench warrant and if you are caught in that state again, depending on how bad they want their pound of flesh, you'll have to appear before a judge.

Your best bet is to hire a attorney(from that city) to take care of the ticket. Being only 10mph over speed limit I dont think you'll have any problems

Old 06-19-2008, 05:51 PM

315 posts, read 1,624,552 times
Find out how much is owed and just pay the ticket. Even if you don't really owe the money, t will be worth every penny since you won't ever have to think about it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas