Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 01:04 PM

351 posts, read 837,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
olecapt, I'd be curious to hear what you think of The Meridian compared to something like Manhattan or Boca Raton. I mean, to an outsider at least, The Meridian looks absolutely gorgeous. To me, and I know this is all personal taste, Manhattan is the ugliest thing I've seen in Vegas. I am sorry. It's just not my style of construction, I guess. I hate lofts for one, and it appears to be mainly or all lofts, and the dorky weird shapes and colors throughout the complex and grounds in general are out of place with the city. They look like something from my home state of Oregon or in any case not Nevada. I just think it doesn't work.

Then again, I'm open to anything with good prices and nice units.
You obviously haven't been in the Manhattan units. The only units that are "lofts" are about half of the units on 4th floor-& the only loft thing about them is that they're 2 story open units. None of the exposed pipe kind of loft look. All of the units on the first 3 floors have 11 foot high ceilings & are finished interiors. If you want condos buildings that look the same as each other you'll have no problem with all the other complexes in town. I, however, love the different color & facades throughout Manhattan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 02:01 PM

4 posts, read 6,118 times
Thumbs up Manhatten condos

I'm from Canada and have just purchased a Manhatten condo... Excellent units... the security is excellent.... I was stopped as I was walking in and asked for ID.. gotta love that...

I'm not sure why all the silly complaints.... The units are down about 80% percent and are like new.... absolutely love them.... We are semi retired so it appears to be a blend of young and old... the gym is fantastic as we do work out daily so it's an added bonus... low HOA... What more can you ask for....

It actually blows me away how cheap they are.... unlike the same condo in Vancouver or Victoria would be worth about 400-500k.... and double the HOA fees...
I dable in realestate and this is by far the best unit we have and the newest... I'm excited about the purchase... I'll let you know in 5-10 years how we make out on this investment.. and in the meantime I'll be drinking wine from my deck and watching the sunset....

Old 04-13-2011, 02:08 PM

Talking More about Manhatten

I forgot to tell you about the bank owned units.... after we purchased our bank owned unit, the bank also sold 6 others in the same week we were there... the bank had 18 left and now theres' only 12 left.... The HOA fees will always be paid as the bank has to chip in their fees untill they sell each unit so I see a misconception of hoa's not being enough... not true in this case as all units were sold... if the bank picks up your unit they must chip in the hoa fees untill they sell it...

anways the moral of this story is that the manhatten condos are moving and it is a great place... can't loose as an investment....

Old 04-13-2011, 02:14 PM

Talking One more thing about Manhatten...

sorry to keep babbling but we walked through the park avenue and the Manhatten beats them hands down.... even the realtor could notice the difference right away as to how clean the grounds were and the great condition of each unit.... Manhatten is one of the nicest in Las Vegas and it's in a great location....

Old 04-16-2011, 09:19 AM

968 posts, read 2,062,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carkiss View Post
I'm from Canada and have just purchased a Manhatten condo... Excellent units... the security is excellent.... I was stopped as I was walking in and asked for ID.. gotta love that...

I'm not sure why all the silly complaints.... The units are down about 80% percent and are like new.... absolutely love them.... We are semi retired so it appears to be a blend of young and old... the gym is fantastic as we do work out daily so it's an added bonus... low HOA... What more can you ask for....

It actually blows me away how cheap they are.... unlike the same condo in Vancouver or Victoria would be worth about 400-500k.... and double the HOA fees...
I dable in realestate and this is by far the best unit we have and the newest... I'm excited about the purchase... I'll let you know in 5-10 years how we make out on this investment.. and in the meantime I'll be drinking wine from my deck and watching the sunset....
Congratulations on your purchase.
Btw, whats happening with Vancouver real estate? Love that city!

Old 04-16-2011, 09:59 AM

54 posts, read 138,437 times
Just goes up and up.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:38 AM

Default Vancouver Market

In Canada the Vancouver area is called the lower mainland.. Its up 19% in 2011. These stats from BNN market news... Vancouver Island is also up in value but the rest of Canada is down about 30%.. there are only pockets of high value areas..

Vancouver is no doubt a fantastic city.. rated number one city in the world to live in for all categories... the only problem is that a condo costs an arm and a leg... downtown Vancouver is average of 800,000 for a 500sq. ft. condo...
Vancouver Island is also great... one downfall is the rainfall in the winter is daily... but the summers are nice and mild weather all year....

Although, The USA is the play of the decade if you love Realestate..

Hope that helps...

Old 04-27-2011, 09:54 PM

351 posts, read 837,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carkiss View Post
sorry to keep babbling but we walked through the park avenue and the Manhatten beats them hands down.... even the realtor could notice the difference right away as to how clean the grounds were and the great condition of each unit.... Manhatten is one of the nicest in Las Vegas and it's in a great location....
Welcome to Manhattan carkiss! I agree-as I've mentioned before it was the only complex I considered. Yes, these places are moving-took me 9 months to find my unit but the wait was well worth it-I love it here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas