U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-02-2008, 06:24 PM
 
Location: City of North Las Vegas, NV
11,290 posts, read 7,885,503 times
Reputation: 3019

Advertisements

We all know that there are just too many Starbucks stores around.
Always wondered if those located inside grocery stores ever made a profit. At the corner of Centennial and Losee in NLV there is one inside a Smiths and another one on the same corner!
Now how many people are going to need coffee so close?
If you watched the news lately, some 600 stores nationwide will close.
Which one here in LV area do you think will make that list?
Have you cut down on your coffee consumption the last few months?

Last edited by WildWestDude; 07-02-2008 at 07:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-02-2008, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Henderson, NV 89012
697 posts, read 3,048,721 times
Reputation: 190
Which 1? There are 34 or them in the valley. I see more than just one closing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 07:44 PM
 
Location: City of North Las Vegas, NV
11,290 posts, read 7,885,503 times
Reputation: 3019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
Which 1? There are 34 or them in the valley. I see more than just one closing.
34? How about 100+ !!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 09:33 PM
 
Location: Houston, Texas
10,425 posts, read 44,679,698 times
Reputation: 10382
I know it must seem like a hundred but I looked. Cant find info on the exact number but I found this: Starbucks Gossip: Nevada has more Starbucks stores per resident than any other state

Claims Nevada has more Starbucks per resident then any othe state. Any of you who been to Seatle might argue that

Besides, Starbucks sucks. I do believe that thread on that subject has grown to large proportions already but long forgotten about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 09:57 PM
 
1,750 posts, read 3,994,506 times
Reputation: 1436
WOW ! that's way too many for the population of Vegas,but then again Vegas is all about excess in practically everything.


Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
34? How about 100+ !!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 11:11 PM
 
Location: Here and there, you decide.
12,077 posts, read 23,571,811 times
Reputation: 4223
there may be 34 corporate owned starbucks, there are several of them in albertson's also.... we just got a brand new one on decatur
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 12:46 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
12,686 posts, read 31,918,379 times
Reputation: 5408
I can count over 50 locations in my head with no trouble. By now there are well over 100, probably closer to 200. According to my daughter-in-law who manages an Albertsons the Starbucks counter is a big draw. The biggest draw is the in-store post office. Starbucks has said that the reason for so many here is/was real estate was such a good investment here. I don't know if that means they own most of their stores because I always thought they rented the space. I don't understand why it is that those of us that enjoy Starbucks can't be allowed that pleasure without being vilified. Must be that when something is good there are always those who can't stand for there to be good things and have to put it down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 01:20 AM
 
Location: Houston, Texas
10,425 posts, read 44,679,698 times
Reputation: 10382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I can count over 50 locations in my head with no trouble. By now there are well over 100, probably closer to 200. According to my daughter-in-law who manages an Albertsons the Starbucks counter is a big draw. The biggest draw is the in-store post office. Starbucks has said that the reason for so many here is/was real estate was such a good investment here. I don't know if that means they own most of their stores because I always thought they rented the space. I don't understand why it is that those of us that enjoy Starbucks can't be allowed that pleasure without being vilified. Must be that when something is good there are always those who can't stand for there to be good things and have to put it down.
Buzz many people who dont like Starbucks dont like the fact that they burn their beans on purpose. You taste the burned flavor I guess.

Me personally I never drank a coffee in 50 years because I think it all tastes lousy. Starbucks did hook me on the iced mochas though. But when the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Mojos, It's a Grind, Seattles Best started coming in and making a much better iced mocha, I stopped going to Starbucks altogether.

In addition there was a thread covering this, many people sit at Starbucks drinking not because they like it but because Starbucks has become a place to be seen. A social event. Im not putting them down. I fell into that trap too when I lived in BC which may well be the second coffee capital next to Seattle. But to me it was more of trying every single place that sold an iced mocha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 04:03 AM
Status: "30 years! :)" (set 20 days ago)
 
Location: Somewhere.
9,965 posts, read 22,196,395 times
Reputation: 7553
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Buzz many people who dont like Starbucks dont like the fact that they burn their beans on purpose. You taste the burned flavor I guess.

Me personally I never drank a coffee in 50 years because I think it all tastes lousy. Starbucks did hook me on the iced mochas though. But when the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Mojos, It's a Grind, Seattles Best started coming in and making a much better iced mocha, I stopped going to Starbucks altogether.

In addition there was a thread covering this, many people sit at Starbucks drinking not because they like it but because Starbucks has become a place to be seen. A social event. Im not putting them down. I fell into that trap too when I lived in BC which may well be the second coffee capital next to Seattle. But to me it was more of trying every single place that sold an iced mocha.
I've always wondered why their coffee tastes bitter. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I much prefer making my own coffee at home. Fair trade organic for $3 a bag at Fresh and Easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2008, 04:11 AM
 
Location: columbia, mo
51 posts, read 75,080 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
34? How about 100+ !!!!!!!
all over the news, there is talk of 600 stores shutting down. they say they are going to spread the workers at the remaining starbuxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top