Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 06:28 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,972,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhdx07 View Post
Favorite American Food Restaurant:Islands
Favorite Italian Restaurant:Carmines
Favorite Steak House:Lawrys
Favorite Mexican Restaurant:Agave
Favorite Seafood Restaurant:Joe's Crab Shack
Favorite Chinese Restaurant:don't have one yet
Favorite Sushi Restaurant:YUCK
Favorite Pub:3 Angry Wives or Steiners
Favorite Ice Cream Parlor:Ben and Jerry's/ DQ
I worked at the Forum Shops..... Carmines has a problem,,,, a big one.... four legs and they scurry on the ground... don't believe me? go to the lower valet..go outside... turn left... walk just a bit and one the left side you will see the docks and traps Carmine's uses... that stench is wonderful too.... the health department is aware..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 12:03 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,854,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhdx07 View Post
Favorite American Food Restaurant:Islands
Favorite Italian Restaurant:Carmines
Favorite Steak House:Lawrys
Favorite Mexican Restaurant:Agave
Favorite Seafood Restaurant:Joe's Crab Shack
Favorite Chinese Restaurant:don't have one yet
Favorite Sushi Restaurant:YUCK
Favorite Pub:3 Angry Wives or Steiners
Favorite Ice Cream Parlor:Ben and Jerry's/ DQ
You must not get out much. Agave closed nearly five years ago.

Old 11-04-2017, 02:38 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,104,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I worked at the Forum Shops..... Carmines has a problem,,,, a big one.... four legs and they scurry on the ground... don't believe me? go to the lower valet..go outside... turn left... walk just a bit and one the left side you will see the docks and traps Carmine's uses... that stench is wonderful too.... the health department is aware..
Thank you for the heads up.

I like Hedary's and The Fat Greek. Hole in the wall Mediterranean food.

For Italian, Buca De Beppo is a chain, but it's a pretty good one. I like the giant meatballs. The decor is just bizarre though.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:22 PM

307 posts, read 267,536 times
The ONLY authentic Italian restaurant in the entire area is called Luna Rossa in Lake Las Vegas. Sorry, everything else is not Italian by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:24 AM

294 posts, read 235,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quebon View Post
The ONLY authentic Italian restaurant in the entire area is called Luna Rossa in Lake Las Vegas. Sorry, everything else is not Italian by any stretch of the imagination.
Yes, I just spend the summer in Italy. Not any Italian restaurant I found here or anywhere else in USA has anything close to a authentic taste. I think fresh made pasta (noodles not coming from a package but prepared fresh by the cook from scratch) , very common in Italy and Europe, is no where found here.

The one restaurant I found here that is 100% authentic, and also serves many vegitarian and vegan foods is BG Birstro:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/bg-bistro-las-vegas

Taste the traditional Bulgarian cuisine | Bg Bistro, Las Vegas (702) 222-9003

Some greek restaurants are semi-authentic but not 100% European authentic as the BG Bistro is.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:31 AM

243 posts, read 237,880 times
My favorite restaurant is home! At home, I know the ingredients, who's cooking it.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2016 View Post
Yes, I just spend the summer in Italy. Not any Italian restaurant I found here or anywhere else in USA has anything close to a authentic taste. I think fresh made pasta (noodles not coming from a package but prepared fresh by the cook from scratch) , very common in Italy and Europe, is no where found here.

The one restaurant I found here that is 100% authentic, and also serves many vegitarian and vegan foods is BG Birstro:

Some greek restaurants are semi-authentic but not 100% European authentic as the BG Bistro is.
Nice looking place there. But seriously? You are mistaken about authentic Ethnic foods. If you look at a place like Montreal, NYC or any other major metro area in North America, there are non-assimilated cultures abound that have retained their cooking traditions from Europe literally at every corner. You need to travel to port cities to find these cultures intact though.

The main point I was trying to make is that there is basically no interesting food scene in Las Vegas and people are fine with believing that Brio and Olive Garden are great restaurants. There is just no basis for a decent food scene there anyway. Most people moved to Nevada from some other state and the melting pot blended into a linear culture. European immigrants that moved to this continent and retained their heritage settled in port cities and that is where you are most likely going to find them continuing their traditions today.

EDIT: That Luna Rossa restaurant is run by off the boat Italians and the pasta is indeed homemade, by the way. Try the Lobster Ravioli. No idea what they are even doing there.

Last edited by aswontsp; 11-05-2017 at 12:17 PM..

Old 11-05-2017, 12:08 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,664,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xusafpilot View Post
My favorite restaurant is home! At home, I know the ingredients, who's cooking it.
So I assume you're inviting everyone over?

Old 11-05-2017, 12:11 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,664,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2016 View Post

Have you tried Settebello's for pizza?

Old 11-05-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Have you tried Settebello's for pizza?
Half decent woodfired pizza when the cook is not preoccupied with his phone. Only pizza I was impressed by in Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas