Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2017, 10:05 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
Great price. Marinelli's Pasta Bar.
Thanks for the tip. Did it take a long time in the parking structure and did you have to pay for parking? I'm assuming this is on the strip (Me, the new Vegas girl). Thanks, Tek!
He said he went to the one at the M resort, which is not on the strip, so parking should not be a hassle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 10:10 AM

1,047 posts, read 726,252 times
Default thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
He said he went to the one at the M resort, which is not on the strip, so parking should not be a hassle.
Great. Thanks for letting me know. It sounded like the strip. Good to know

Old 11-06-2017, 01:46 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
https://www.google.com/maps/place/M+...4d-115.1696664

Old 11-06-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Great. Thanks for letting me know. It sounded like the strip. Good to know
You'll find that most locals avoid the strip unless it's a special occasion, or out-of-town guests want to see the sights. It's fun to hit a Cirque show or a bunch of nice restaurants during restaurant week, but barring that, most of us ( not all of us ) avoid the strip like the plague.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:01 PM

Default i see

Quote:
You'll find that most locals avoid the strip unless it's a special occasion, or out-of-town guests want to see the sights. It's fun to hit a Cirque show or a bunch of nice restaurants during restaurant week, but barring that, most of us ( not all of us ) avoid the strip like the plague.
I feel the same way. Just seems to be a bit of a struggle to find dining I like off strip. And strip is usually expensive and the parking structures make me go mad M just sounded like a hotel to me. So I was thrown. Thank you.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:03 PM

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Definitely off strip! Thank you.

Old 11-06-2017, 11:25 PM

Went to the FireRock tonight for Ethnic Dining Club.

Most were satisfied with their food, but four of us had a burger and they were dry. Really dry. Mine was supposed to have bleu cheese on it, but there was so little of it that I had to take the top off just to see it. Even my bun was dry and hard at the edges. Stale... So I removed the bun and ate it with my fork.

One woman's meal was completely forgotten.

We were told they would not charge us for the burgers and when our bill came they were on it, as were the others that had dry burgers. The "manager" made some lame a$$ed excuse about the way they had to ring it up since we were a group of 30, then took it and removed the charges. And why, pray tell, could that not have been done the first time? My wife thinks they hoped we would be tired of waiting to get the check that we would just pay it so we could get the hell out of there. They don't know my wife, lol! And they didn't track who ordered what so when they came with the checks they called out meals and drinks to find out who had what. WTH?

It was painfully obvious that this restaurant is not equipped to handle large groups.

And the signage for streetside was pathetic. We drove right past it. What signs are there for the businesses were small and unlit. Not the restaurant's fault. Well, sort of. They were dumb enough to build a restaurant well back from the street in an unlit area with no lighted sign at the street.

We do Ethnic Dining once a month. This was the worst experience we've had in three years.

Anyway, I advise against this one. We certainly won't go back.

Old 11-07-2017, 02:56 AM

Quote:
I feel the same way. Just seems to be a bit of a struggle to find dining I like off strip. And strip is usually expensive and the parking structures make me go mad M just sounded like a hotel to me. So I was thrown. Thank you.
Marche Bacchus, grasshopper

You'll love it.

It's in Desert Shores, on the lake and has an attached wine store.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:42 PM

We are going to Fremont Friday. Choice between Four Queens and Market Street Cafe in the Hotel California for prime rib.

Any suggestions as to which is best?

Old 11-07-2017, 05:59 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,456 times
Quote:
Marche Bacchus, grasshopper

You'll love it.

It's in Desert Shores, on the lake and has an attached wine store.
Agree.

Here's a great Italian place west side. Siena, near Nacho Daddy (yuck)

Just west of Ft Apache and Sahara.

Another - this one French, Andre's Bistro. on Ft Apache, south of Russell. Where DW Bistro used to be. Which has moved to Gramarcy.

For more expensive, Andiron - downtown Summerlin. Same owner of Honey Salt, in strip mall behind PK Changs at Charleston & Rampart.

We eat often on the strip as we have clients that come to town and work the strip. After 17 years it gets a little old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas