Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 10:30 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,063,645 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am new to the Nevada forum ( I am always on the Colorado forum)..it is where I live.

Anyway,.....I wonder why people don't ask about being a "Wine Angel" at the Mandalay Bay?? I soooo think that it would be the best job and one would be paid $$$$$ for it. Am I stupid to think this??? If I were younger,....this is the job I would go for!!
I know it is hard to make a living anywhere you go but, some places must be better than others, right??
Does anyone know what the requirements are for this job?? NOT for me but, for a relative.

Thank You so much for any replies. I LOVE your State!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 11:33 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,510,410 times
There are quite a few very unique and special jobs in LV. A Wine Angel is certianly one of them. This is a job you most certianly have to know some one to get. Like maybe Daddy is the CEO something simular.

And once the very special lucky girl gets that job you can bet she will never ever give it up till no one wants to look at her body anymore. Then the new replacement job will be assigned by the CEO to his daughter or some one close.

Forget it. You have a better chance winning the mega bucks then landing that job. But I admire your imagination.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:42 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,638,443 times
"Wine Angel?" What the fark is that? Hmmm...it sounds like some artsy fartsy HR name for a sommelier. There are a lot of intense courses on all aspects of wine, beer, spirits, and their relationship with food. There is quite a bit of testing involved before one gets their certification. This isn't a job for some Joe Bob could do because he's had a couple bottles of Two Buck Chuck.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:49 PM

391 posts, read 1,710,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
"Wine Angel?" What the fark is that? Hmmm...it sounds like some artsy fartsy HR name for a sommelier. There are a lot of intense courses on all aspects of wine, beer, spirits, and their relationship with food. There is quite a bit of testing involved before one gets their certification. This isn't a job for some Joe Bob could do because he's had a couple bottles of Two Buck Chuck.
Exactly. I would think the competition of attractive young women who know wine is relatively limited. But, yes, I think you would have to know wine. But I don't know how their operation works.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:59 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,050,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkGrisowld View Post
Exactly. I would think the competition of attractive young women who know wine is relatively limited. But, yes, I think you would have to know wine. But I don't know how their operation works.
Don't think any of you are thinking about this. "Wine Angels" are basically another blue color position. They chase it in the stack...they don't pick it out. If I remember correctly they receive no tip income. Been a while but I would think it a fun but not well paying job.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:09 PM

100 posts, read 403,319 times
http://aolsearcht3.search.aol.com/ao...=Image Details

Wine Angels fly through the air up to all the wine bottles in the racks above the restaurant

Last edited by scirocco22; 07-13-2008 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: transfer of images can have copyright issues; in that case, please post link only. Thanks.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:12 PM

100 posts, read 403,319 times
Default another view of the wine angel

http://aolsearcht3.search.aol.com/ao...=Image Details

Last edited by scirocco22; 07-13-2008 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: transfer of images can have copyright issues; in that case, please post link only. Thanks.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:38 AM

2,753 posts, read 6,638,443 times
Boring. No fan service, and she isn't even slightly moe. :/

Old 05-07-2010, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,550 times
The Wine Angel position is just like any other job, yes there are certain requirements for it . No ! you dont have to be related to the ceo of mandalay bay. Not many people know about Aureole and the 50 ft. wine tower and compared to all the other jobs out there for attractive young ladies in las vegas, this is definitely on top for class . if you want to ask about the pay, it definitely would not be close to minimum wage . Hello ! ever heard of teamsters ???

Old 05-07-2010, 03:12 PM

366 posts, read 1,209,209 times
I used to know one of the workers there. The wine angels got $15 an hour and a % of the tip out from the servers. All in all it came out to be about a $25/per hour job. Not too shabby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas