Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,023 times

Advertisements

First of all I work in Jean Nevada and commute back and forth every day. Even thou there is construction signs right after St Rose Parkway it is one of the most biggest traps I have ever seen. There is never a construction worker out there working. And every day they switch the speed limit signs in different places. The speed limit drops from 70 to 55 in less then a mile "FOR WHAT" They have been doing construction in the same area for as long as I can remember. And you will never see a construction worker at all. Those construction signs are put there for the safety of the workers. So wheres the workers ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 07:03 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,311,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
You would get the same deal if you went to court yourself. The 50 bucks is paying him to have a clerk of his go to court on your behalf. You won't get a better deal though. Is it worth 50 bucks to have someone else go to court for you? That's the question.

When they lower the charge to a parking ticket they always keep the fine the same. I think it's a good deal. I've gone to court before and had them tell me to come back so I then had to go a second time. Up to you.
I was represented by an attorney for my last speeding ticket. The fine was reduced in my case and the ticked was commuted to a non moving violation. Plus I never had to go anywhere.

Your assumption about law clerks is incorrect, only attorneys can represent clients... even for lowly tickets. The cheap ticket attorneys handle tickets in bulk to be profitable.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:19 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
I've never botheer to go to court for a speeding ticket. Just mailed in the payment and moved on.

Of course, we don't have a points system for our licenses. How does that work?

Old 02-10-2012, 07:30 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I've never botheer to go to court for a speeding ticket. Just mailed in the payment and moved on.

Here is the Nevada DMV handbook. It explains the point system in chapter 7:

http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dlbook.pdf

Old 02-10-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Here is the Nevada DMV handbook. It explains the point system in chapter 7:

http://www.dmvnv.com/pdfforms/dlbook.pdf
Good info! Thanks!

Old 02-10-2012, 09:25 PM

492 posts, read 1,041,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Interesting. Without a points system (where license is suspended or revoked at some number of points) rich folk can speed all they want. Surely something prevents that there.

I see that Iowa does have a points system.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:38 AM

280 posts, read 571,843 times
I've seen a few times over the last few years where the police will do there speed enforcement traps on the freeways. Always at St.Rose heading north on 15. Always at Craig Rd heading south on 15. Always at Russell Rd different directions on 515. A motorcycle cop will either sit on their motorcycle or sit in a lawn chair right on the bridge with a radar gun and a radio. On the "get on" ramp to the freeway is a line of motorcycle cops and cruisers. Sure enough by the time you pass under the bridge, you've already been clocked for speeding and here comes ol' Smokey with his red & blues on coming down the ramp after some speeder. And then the next mile or two is littered with cops and pulled over cars. Good money racket if I've ever seen one.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalhop View Post
Interesting. Without a points system (where license is suspended or revoked at some number of points) rich folk can speed all they want. Surely something prevents that there.

News to me! I had no idea! And I've lived here all my life

I've had a few speeding tickets and a couple parking tickets that I just paid and forgot about.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:29 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,946,956 times
We're number 4
News Headlines

Old 02-12-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalhop View Post

I've asked about 15 people I know so far and not one of them was aware of the "points system" here. Weird!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas