Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 12:29 AM

1,365 posts, read 4,470,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You need a personal relationship with a Bank Branch and the officers. I live off the Sun City Summerlin Branch of Nevada State Bank. They fix things for me when we get screwed up. Wherever you bank you need that. Had it for many years with a BofA branch in So CA. Even carried that account back east. Dumped BofA when I came to Vegas. Impossibly difficult.

NSB has been fine for almost anything. Screwed up bad on a trust account one time and hired a neutral lawyer to negotiate a proper fix. Involved a significant sum of money.

But should it have come to that. We think we know what teller is doing it. She is messing up the numbers. I use the deposit slips they provide, and write in the number. But I am very careful to write the right number, and make sure it is legible. I do have bad hand writing sometimes, but after the first time I make sure to make sure it is readable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 02:41 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,682,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Bugbully you passed me on 95 yesterday like I was standing still. You got off on Boulder Hwy. Conserve some gas friend ! I was trying to wave to you.

Anyway.....Credit Unions do not accept business checking.

I started 10 years ago with Nevada State but they gave away my money to an unauthorized scammer in Russia. They made good on it but I got my money out and put it in WAMU where it was till last Sept. Then WAMU allowed unauthorized access into my business checking, personal checking and savings and cleaned me out of everything I have. Everything but about $500. How generous but the purpose of leaving some was to avoid detection.

Well WAMU does not make good on internet fraud. No I was not scammed. I was robbed randomly. FDIC does not cover internet fraud. In fact internet fraud is so new that there are few laws to protect the consumer. So I gave an Attorney a retainer fee to investigate and about a month later he sends me a package back with my paperwork and said he is out of business. He skipped town with my $500. The dredges of corporate America huh.

This was out of the FBIs jurisdiction but we have the transcript of the tranfer of funds but all the transfer numbers are decoded. Some one in Nigeria stole my money and WAMU could care less. I was not scammed. I was just a random hit.

So because I filed charges with RESPA and the Banking commision that put me on the banking black list. Yes banks have a black list which is unpublished and lists any one who has ever caused a bank loss. I was a victim but not in their eyes. If you are on the banking black list you will never open a bank account. Im not talking about ChexSystems. Im talking about a real private black list. This made me ineligable to open any account with any bank.

So I went 3 months with no bank and I had a business to run. That was a challange. Finally BOA made a soliciting call to me and I told them what happened and they agreed to open me up an account. I hate them. They are communists by giving accounts to illegals while I have to provide my SS# to open an account. But I had little choice.

So a word to all. DO NOT GO TO WAMU. If you are a victim you will not be covered by loss even if its the banks fault.

Just another side note. My next door neighbor's 18YO daughter was attacked and robbed inside the lobby on Nellis/Sahara while the bank was closed. She just took out money from the ATM and some one came through the door and attacked her, took the money and ran. This was all on video yet WAMU refused to reimburse her the money stolen. Is this the kind of bank you want to trust your money to?

I hope they are the next bank to go under.
and you had to bring up the whole illegals topic again?

Old 08-01-2008, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
My husband owned a small business in Vegas for 8 years, and was with Nevada State Bank from day one. They were always pleasant to deal with, and their locations in the Smith's stores were very convenient!
yeh, there's even two in the same shopping center in Southern Highlands, one branch in the Smith's and one in an outparcel along SH Parkway, it is always so strange to me, but its just like Starbucks when they have 2 or 3 in a center...

Old 08-01-2008, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You need a personal relationship with a Bank Branch and the officers. I live off the Sun City Summerlin Branch of Nevada State Bank. They fix things for me when we get screwed up. Wherever you bank you need that. Had it for many years with a BofA branch in So CA. Even carried that account back east. Dumped BofA when I came to Vegas. Impossibly difficult.

NSB has been fine for almost anything. Screwed up bad on a trust account one time and hired a neutral lawyer to negotiate a proper fix. Involved a significant sum of money.
i've never had a problem with Wamu and I've been a customer for a year and a half, anyways, when we need to do something special (notary, certified check, etc...), we only go to the location by our house, LVBS/Windmill, and only see one person named Vashti...She is the assistant manager and she's always there to help you out with a great attitude and help you with your needs...

Old 08-01-2008, 08:55 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
and you had to bring up the whole illegals topic again?

Oh? Is it illegal to say the word ILLEGAL in front of your dainty ears?

Michelle Malkin » Bank of Illegal Aliens in America

Here, you read that and then start writing your president, senators, mayors, all the bank CEOs, your daddy and mommy, tell your kids and march in front of each bank branch carrying signs saying you are against anyone using the word "illegal".

And get back to us when you grow up. Are you illegal? Dont worry you are safe in America, enjoy your free health care and SS that you never paid into.

Im complaining that a bank gave away my lifes savings and your worrying about me using the word illegal. I cant say what I want to here but I think I will send you a nice little DM using some choice language you might more understand.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:12 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times
Quote:
Oh? Is it illegal to say the word ILLEGAL in front of your dainty ears?

Michelle Malkin » Bank of Illegal Aliens in America

Here, you read that and then start writing your president, senators, mayors, all the bank CEOs, your daddy and mommy, tell your kids and march in front of each bank branch carrying signs saying you are against anyone using the word "illegal".

And get back to us when you grow up. Are you illegal? Dont worry you are safe in America, enjoy your free health care and SS that you never paid into.

Im complaining that a bank gave away my lifes savings and your worrying about me using the word illegal. I cant say what I want to here but I think I will send you a nice little DM using some choice language you might more understand.
DS...calm down, ok?

We had a business account with WaMu when they first came to town...I didn't care for them. They wanted to charge us all kinds of fees to do business with them and they didn't have enough locations to suit us.

We use currently...

Bank of George
Community Bank
Colonial Bank

Smaller banks, but more personal service, no fees, friendly...

We use Wells Fargo as well for the convenience of locations everywhere, NEVER EVER had a problem with them (we always used Norwest Bank for everything years ago but then Wells Fargo took them over)

Old 08-01-2008, 04:13 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
DS...calm down, ok?

We had a business account with WaMu when they first came to town...I didn't care for them. They wanted to charge us all kinds of fees to do business with them and they didn't have enough locations to suit us.

We use currently...

Bank of George
Community Bank
Colonial Bank

Smaller banks, but more personal service, no fees, friendly...

We use Wells Fargo as well for the convenience of locations everywhere, NEVER EVER had a problem with them (we always used Norwest Bank for everything years ago but then Wells Fargo took them over)
Sorry MomMom, if you only knew the crap that man sends me. Its hard to fight back when my language is restricted. Anyway good ridance to him and his illegal family.

What on earth is Bank of George? I was with WAMOOOOOO for quite a few years with no complaints until they gave my money away and basicly laughed at me when I asked for it back.

Wells Fargo is another robotic corporate conglomerate. When I was without a bank account I went there first. It was the robot lady in that bank who printed out an alert with my name and SS on it. It was her to told me "honey, you are done, you will never open up another bank account with anyone". She was the one who told me about this so called black list. I filed charges against a bank. That makes me the criminal. Explain that one.

I wish I could just stash my pennies under the mattress. After fees I would pay to a bank I could probably earn more under the mattress. Junk fees are what make banks the big bucks.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:30 PM

i have not paid wamu a single fee since i've been with them, they've been paying me, every year on my anniversary date they pay me .03 cents for every dollar that i spend using my debit card...

Old 08-01-2008, 04:58 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times
Quote:
Sorry MomMom, if you only knew the crap that man sends me. Its hard to fight back when my language is restricted. Anyway good ridance to him and his illegal family.

What on earth is Bank of George? I was with WAMOOOOOO for quite a few years with no complaints until they gave my money away and basicly laughed at me when I asked for it back.

Wells Fargo is another robotic corporate conglomerate. When I was without a bank account I went there first. It was the robot lady in that bank who printed out an alert with my name and SS on it. It was her to told me "honey, you are done, you will never open up another bank account with anyone". She was the one who told me about this so called black list. I filed charges against a bank. That makes me the criminal. Explain that one.

I wish I could just stash my pennies under the mattress. After fees I would pay to a bank I could probably earn more under the mattress. Junk fees are what make banks the big bucks.
Well, I understand your rage about WaMu, I would be upset with them too. Wells Fargo was another bank that was charging us for everything until we sat down with the branch manager and had a little discussion. That was years ago, and our account there hasn't changed. We have no problem with them, but you are correct. It's a large, impersonal bank, always different people from week to week in our branch, and not "familiar" with us at all.

Bank of George is new to Las Vegas, established last year. They're over on W. Russell Road, in the SW part of town. I go once a week with the deposit and everything else is done online. They seem pretty solid as well.

Just remember, never keep more funds in any bank that cannot be insured by the Feds (FDIC)...especially during these hard financial times.

Try looking into these smaller banks, you might have better luck than going with the larger, national ones.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:24 PM

207 posts, read 734,042 times
We have used Nevada State Bank from the very first day we moved to Nevada. Its been great for our business needs and even has a decent merchant system which we may be switching over to for credit card payments in the future.

We get a LOT Of checks from clients, and now with NSB we can do electronic deposits with them.. simply scan them into the check reader at home connected to your computer and poof.. they are deposited into your acct. They clear quicker as well.

I have almost nothing to say bad about them. They have been a good bank AND If you look up the credit ratings of banks, Zions (the company that owns them) is very healthy financially.. so no worries about them closing down or getting taken over by the FDIC any time soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas