U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 06:36 PM

6 posts, read 13,217 times
Default moving to las vegas with pitbull

we are getting ready to relocate our family to las vegas! i am having a hard time finding a good neighborhood that will accept a family having a pitbull. she is full bred american stafordshire and in the process of thereapy dog training, we have amazing referances on her as far as behavior and such, and we can provide our own renters/homeowner insurance as well (right now she is insured under state farm). i am having a VERY hard time finding houses that are ok with pitbulls or dogs her size in general. she is 90+lbs. full grown so that is not a issue anymore. please if anyone knows of a rental service that helps to find houses that are ok with large dogs and dominant breeds or someone willing to work with us, please let me know. i am in very much need of help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 06:45 PM

9,454 posts, read 14,346,419 times
maybe try craigslist... also you may want to consider telling the landlord that you are willing to get extra insurance.... this is the main reason why you are having a problem (liability of the landlord)

Old 07-30-2008, 06:53 PM

103 posts, read 190,024 times
you should do a search of this forum as I seem to recall someone else asking about renting in the LV area with a pitbull not too long ago. He may have come upon a solution or there may have been suggestions/ideas that may work for you. I will say it was within the last 2-3 months I recall this being posted.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:29 PM

6 posts, read 13,217 times
thank you to everyone who has given me good advise. i really appreciate it! thank you

Old 02-18-2009, 03:50 PM

3 posts, read 10,321 times
i live in SW Vegas, Canyon Trails at Rhodes Ranch, 2 blocks from desert. My neighborhood is nice and I have 2 female pit bulls and I know 3 or 4 other neighbors who have pit bulls, too, even know their names!!! It's just better to find a single detached home with a private owner if you're going to rent. I got lucky and my landlord had a male pit bull before I moved in...he even put a doggy door in. So it's great for my dogs. Don't want to try and rent in an apartment or condo with a pit bull...been there, done that, was given too much crap about it, even though I was complying with the rules, and moved. Now I have a huge backyard for my two pitties!!

Old 02-18-2009, 06:53 PM

252 posts, read 593,396 times
I would try looking on Craig's List for a house rented by owner rather than property mgmt. They are much more likely to be lenient with dog requirements (one of my friends has two ~100 lb. dogs in his rental house), especially since you have good references for your baby. Good luck! Vegas needs more good pit bull owners to show that with proper training/upbringing, they can be great dogs! I hope you'll bring yours to one of the dog parks around here!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:51 PM

2,547 posts, read 3,954,300 times
If you do bring them to the dog parks, please keep them in the large dog section. There are a bunch of egotistical morons at Desert Breeze Dog Park (on Spring Mountain) that take their big dogs into the small dog section, and do nothing about them bullying small dogs.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:13 PM

22 posts, read 54,737 times
You might try Nicklin Property management. They oversee a ton of homes in the valley.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:19 PM

3 posts, read 5,582 times
Nicklin property hire scammers, I left my apartment spotless and they are refusing to return my depost; I'll see them and the owner in court. Is this how you treat tenants that take excellent care of the property and pay rent on time. Don't be mad because you all have dozens of properties for rent and are unable to rent them.. STAY AWAY FROM NICKLIN PROPERTY...THEY LOVE RIPPING THE WORKING CLASS PEOPLE OFF...

Old 08-08-2009, 02:20 PM

3 posts, read 5,582 times
SAY NO TO NICKLIN PROPERTY: Nicklin property hire scammers, I left my apartment spotless and they are refusing to return my depost; I'll see them and the owner in court. Is this how you treat tenants that take excellent care of the property and pay rent on time. Don't be mad because you all have dozens of properties for rent and are unable to rent them.. STAY AWAY FROM NICKLIN PROPERTY...THEY LOVE RIPPING THE WORKING CLASS PEOPLE OFF...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas