Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:43 PM

34 posts, read 189,901 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for some new furniture and I don't have much to spend. I ran across LV Furniture Direct (LV Furniture Direct.com | Home) and they have some really great deals... but has anyone ever heard of them? Has anyone ever bought anything from them? From what I can tell... there's no store? I can't go see the stuff first? If anyone knows anything about them, I'd love to hear it! Also, if you know of a better place to try, let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 11:53 PM

2,404 posts, read 10,682,999 times
well, I just checked the FAQs for you and it doesn't look like you can see the furniture before hand because it says its an online showroom...there is also an address at the bottom of the screen so if you make it over to the office, you can at least check if its really legitimate....

Old 08-05-2008, 12:09 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sarad View Post
I'm looking for some new furniture and I don't have much to spend. I ran across LV Furniture Direct (LV Furniture Direct.com | Home) and they have some really great deals... but has anyone ever heard of them? Has anyone ever bought anything from them? From what I can tell... there's no store? I can't go see the stuff first? If anyone knows anything about them, I'd love to hear it! Also, if you know of a better place to try, let me know!
Try some of the big furniture outlet stores like Walkers and RCWilley. If you want super cheap furniture, try Target. If you want it even cheaper, try Deseret and Goodwill.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:10 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,712,103 times
I need furniture, too and feel overwhemed at how big this city is....yet I have no clue where the furniture stores are located.

No car so I have to have things delivered....pay a fortune in shipping.

All I need now is a 'spring link' for a daybed. I've found a few online for less than a hundred bucks but over $150 just for shipping alone.

Any ideas?

Old 08-05-2008, 02:58 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,682,999 times
there are furniture areas all around town, like 215/flamingo, mlk/alta, sunset/stephanie, and centennial/95

Old 08-05-2008, 04:34 PM

278 posts, read 791,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sarad View Post
i ran into that site a few weeks ago in a google search.
it seems like a decent site, with decent deals... but as you pointed out, you don't get to see what you're getting until the furniture is at your house. i have no problem buying certain things online site unseen, but i guess furniture's a bit different, and i never pulled the trigger.

i went down to mlk, and at 2 stores near where levitz is/was (building is still there, though they are out of business) i saw a few items that were similar... and didn't buy the furniture there.
specifically, i believe i saw this sofa: LV Furniture Direct.com | Product Detail
and this one: LV Furniture Direct.com | Product Detail

the sofas were twice the price at the store... but it didn't matter, as the leather material on the sides seemed more "leather-like" than leather.

so personally, my only issue was the "quality" of the furniture itself.

there is a physical address on the site (4355 W. Reno Ave, Suite 4, Las Vegas, NV 89118 ), so i suppose you could drive by and see if that is there warehouse!

you may want to check out this thread, as there were some recs as well:
Good Quatlity Furniture In Vegas

Old 08-05-2008, 05:07 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
dont you have to be a member to buy from them

Old 08-05-2008, 05:42 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,941,545 times
When my husband first got there he needed a futon. He went all over and finally decided that RCWiley was the best price for the quality. He said Target's futons were pretty junky. He did have to wait a day for it to be delivered to the store he was closest to unless he wanted to drive a half hour to the other one and pick it up.

Old 08-05-2008, 05:49 PM

34 posts, read 189,901 times
So no one has actually bought anything from them? Hmm. I'm a little afraid of being the guinea pig.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:54 AM

278 posts, read 791,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
dont you have to be a member to buy from them
you may be thinking of directbuy (the one with commercials all over hgtv, fine living network, food network).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas