Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 07:11 PM

109 posts, read 500,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
The guy who is renting it to you does not yet own it. You are flying blind. It is however reasonably safe to assume that if he does buy it you can safely rent it...but he has to buy it first.

ahh ok, i was afraid of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 01:00 PM
jpk

531 posts, read 1,859,771 times
That Block shopper site is crazy, makes getting info super easy. It's like zillow in overdrive.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:32 AM

172 posts, read 557,643 times
This is just crazy. We are military stationed at Nellis but we are renting off base. Did you know that they are encouraging all incoming people to apply for base housing because they are getting too many people thrown out of their rental homes due to owner foreclosing? It really pisses me off. If you are renting your property and receiving rent on a regular basis then pay the damn mortgage with it! Am I being naive?

Old 08-09-2008, 09:37 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,042,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bepperoo View Post
This is just crazy. We are military stationed at Nellis but we are renting off base. Did you know that they are encouraging all incoming people to apply for base housing because they are getting too many people thrown out of their rental homes due to owner foreclosing? It really pisses me off. If you are renting your property and receiving rent on a regular basis then pay the damn mortgage with it! Am I being naive?
not a BIT....however, I really think that most of those occurances are the investers coming in from elsewhere [at least I HOPE no self respecting Las Vegas would do that.]

We even had one scumbag that was breaking into forecloseure homes changing the locks and renting them out....these were OTHER peoples homes not his......in the words of the great communicator "TRUST but VERIFY"

Old 08-09-2008, 10:57 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,122,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bepperoo View Post
In NLV and the NW the mortgage payment often vastly exceeds the rent paid. There are some relatively simple checks that will avoid a good part of it.

I would be glad to run a check for any military type who is about to rent. It is not a guarantee but it pretty well certifies that the foreclosure process has not yet started. So the renter is likely safe for most of a year at minimum.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:27 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,236,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I would be glad to run a check for any military type who is about to rent.
That is a really nice thing to offer to people. What a great guy you are.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,945 times
Hello
There is a well-located house in my town that I am interested in (her is califonia). The house on the property caught on fire about a decade ago and is now boarded up. WHen I inquired at the assessor's office, they could only give me the name of the owner, which I already had. The local planning office has no info on the owner. They'd like me to update them if I find out how to contact her. I am assuming that the real estate taxes are being paid as the planning office seems to be at peace with the way the house is, other than the fact that the grass needs to be mowed. I'd like to be able to contact the owner (who is said to live out of state) and perhaps make her an offer. can anyone help?

Old 04-25-2009, 03:11 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,122,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monn View Post
Hello
There is a well-located house in my town that I am interested in (her is califonia). The house on the property caught on fire about a decade ago and is now boarded up. WHen I inquired at the assessor's office, they could only give me the name of the owner, which I already had. The local planning office has no info on the owner. They'd like me to update them if I find out how to contact her. I am assuming that the real estate taxes are being paid as the planning office seems to be at peace with the way the house is, other than the fact that the grass needs to be mowed. I'd like to be able to contact the owner (who is said to live out of state) and perhaps make her an offer. can anyone help?
Normally the address to which the tax bill is sent is a public record. If they are using the property address it says they are picking up the mail. So send a letter to wherever the taxes are paid.

You can also run the name on one of the commercial services and get a shot at locating the owner that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: