U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 12,185 times

Advertisements

I was in Vegas over the Fourth of July weekend and was issued a ticket for going 45 in a 35 mph zone on Charleston at LV Blvd. The officer told me to expect an official notice in the mail mid-August. The address on my CA DL is in Fresno, which is my permanent address, but I live in the Bay Area right now.

I finally got around to looking through my Fresno mail last Friday and saw the pink postcard dated 7/22 telling me my court date was 8/4. I called the Municipal Court yesterday and was told by the snippy woman on the other end that a warrant had been issued for me. I've always paid my prior citations in a timely manner, so I didn't realize this is what would happen.

Anyway, I'm okay paying the fine, although it chafes to have to pay the warrant cost, but am I still eligible for traffic school in this instance? Also, I've read the other posts that discuss how you can get the points taken off your record, either by disputing it yourself or having an attorney do it for you, but does that just involve going to traffic school once the court agrees to it? Meaning, if I get another ticket within 18 months, I can't go to traffic school for that, since, in CA, you can only get only moving violation waived with traffic school every 18 months?

Thanks for any and all help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 5,754 times
Don't worry. It won't have any affect on your California license. You are good as California gold!

Old 11-17-2011, 05:51 PM

2,047 posts, read 1,855,087 times
I had a Warrant in nevada while living out of state...

Speed in excess of 101mph moving violation here in NV when I was scouting the Silver states challenge race course many years ago. I was driving a rental at the time and living in cali.

never responded, it never showed up on my driving record, nothing. I never paid for any fines or anything for YEARS!

I did see that it went into collections after a year or so.

when I finally moved here, I thought the statue had run out, I found out that this thing was still on my record because it was issued as a warrant... no statute. I paid the warrant and the court issued a letter of fulfillment that same day, no problem.

I still drive around with a copy of that letter in my glove box... just to be safe.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:54 PM

9,569 posts, read 15,025,682 times
Bookem Dano!

Old 11-17-2011, 06:16 PM

2,091 posts, read 2,212,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc1234 View Post
Don't worry. It won't have any affect on your California license. You are good as California gold!
I don't think he's still worried considering that post is form 2008.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
I don't think he's still worried considering that post is form 2008.
lol... didn't even see that.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Bookem Dano!

you know, My officer was quite nice and very professional.

I mean you have some knucklehead driving at about 125mph(indicated) one would think he might be upset. However, as we blew by him going the other direction, I immediately pulled over and waited patiently for him to find a safe place to stop, turn around, and drive back to us(maybe as much as 1 mile away or more).

Old 11-18-2011, 09:24 AM

15,379 posts, read 23,229,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
you know, My officer was quite nice and very professional.

I mean you have some knucklehead driving at about 125mph(indicated) one would think he might be upset. However, as we blew by him going the other direction, I immediately pulled over and waited patiently for him to find a safe place to stop, turn around, and drive back to us(maybe as much as 1 mile away or more).

The night I moved to Las Vegas in 1962, I was on the highway coming from St George[PRE I-15 or Virgin River Gorge]...cruising along at 3:00AM.....comfortable 105mph....top down...medium warm night....billions of stars[so many you could see without headlights]....I'm the ONLY one on the road [I thought]....

I heard a beep beep...looked over to the left and the cop passing me waved politely and disappeared into the distance.

I KNEW I was home.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:41 PM

781 posts, read 979,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
The night I moved to Las Vegas in 1962, I was on the highway coming from St George[PRE I-15 or Virgin River Gorge]...cruising along at 3:00AM.....comfortable 105mph....top down...medium warm night....billions of stars[so many you could see without headlights]....I'm the ONLY one on the road [I thought]....

I heard a beep beep...looked over to the left and the cop passing me waved politely and disappeared into the distance.

I KNEW I was home.

Meh... There's really nowhere like that in the states anymore, is there...

Old 11-18-2011, 12:49 PM

15,379 posts, read 23,229,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post
Meh... There's really nowhere like that in the states anymore, is there...
not really, altho in some rural counties in MV you can get by with it....sometimes....maybe....on occassion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: