Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 08:16 PM

122 posts, read 356,400 times

Advertisements

I can't believe how many people from Las Vegas think that every problem they have is isolated to their City and no where else. I just have to scratch my head and wonder if they ever see any news from other parts of the Country, because it sure doesn't seem like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 08:48 AM

2,990 posts, read 8,712,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
I can't believe how many people from Las Vegas think that every problem they have is isolated to their City and no where else. I just have to scratch my head and wonder if they ever see any news from other parts of the Country, because it sure doesn't seem like it.
Your 100% correct! I have family across the US and they are all affected! I have a cousin in Florida that just got laid off working for a company for years. I also have family in the SF bay area and they work at Seagate (hard disk drives) and they are cutting back hours and moving most of the pre-production overseas because of low demand world wide. This is a country wide problem and not just a Las Vegas problem.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:14 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,665,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verynicebecky View Post
LOL. You just made me laugh and now cottage cheese is everywhere!
You think that's bad? Back in high school, I was sitting in the quad (aka "the DMZ") with my friends having lunch. We were listening to a Cheech & Chong tape, and I refluxed chocolate milk thru my nose over one of their bits.

Los Guys are going to be at the Pearl show room at the Palms on October 18, at 7:30pm. I'm going to try and go. Anyone else up for it?

Old 08-17-2008, 10:42 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,987,545 times
Quote:

Ya but what you dont realise is Vegas is on the top 5 worse for forclosures in the country, and the economy is the worst of its kind.. so you obviosly havent been paying attention either

Old 08-17-2008, 10:44 PM

122 posts, read 356,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Ya but what you dont realise is Vegas is on the top 5 worse for forclosures in the country, and the economy is the worst of its kind.. so you obviosly havent been paying attention either
Where did you get that information from?

Old 08-17-2008, 10:51 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,207 times
Quote:
Where did you get that information from?
don't bother asking people to cite stuff....rarely will they oblige you.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Please do not bring up ABQ vs. Las Vegas! Please... it is getting old...

Old 08-17-2008, 11:04 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,987,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA702 View Post
Please do not bring up ABQ vs. Las Vegas! Please... it is getting old...
Who in the hell said i was? and where have i mentioned abq in this thread.. your the one simply bringing it up, obviously i wasnt talking to you, i was telling him simply.. vegas is on the top 5 worse forclosure list..

Old 08-17-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Who in the hell said i was? and where have i mentioned abq in this thread.. your the one simply bringing it up, obviously i wasnt talking to you, i was telling him simply.. vegas is on the top 5 worse forclosure list..
I figure you were going to note how good the ABQ forclosure stats are, so I'm glad you weren't. The last thread was hijacked remember. What mr. dracula was saying it true, its just not Las Vegas and if Las Vegas has a bad forclosure ratio, it really doesn't mean the sky is falling.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:19 AM

39 posts, read 137,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
Don't be angry that we won't give you change when we get off of the freeway, or let you wash our windshields for money. Look at the bright side, at least you can use the computer at the library for free, and they won't kick you out no matter how bad you smell.

On a more serious note, sales volume is at 2 (possibly 3) year highs right now. Keep in mind I am not saying everything is rosy. People are hurting all over, and not just in Vegas. Not quite as bad as you would like to portray though. So do yourself and the rest of us a favor, quit spewing this thoughtless negativity (or at least back it up with some statistical evidence) and get your homeless butt down to the carwash. They will hire you, I swear.

FWIW, I was truly homeless for awhile so if your moniker is not accurate you should really change it as making light of a situation that serious is pretty lame. I hitched a ride out here from CA, did the couch tour for abit, slept outside more than inside, and ate every other day if I was lucky (did not panhandle). I worked while I was homeless and turned it around. Now I am a husband, father, 2 time homeowner, and somewhat succesful. Where else but Vegas. Yeah, Vegas baby!!!!!!!
That is an inspiring story. Despite all of our faults, we live in an amazing country...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas