Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:20 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,434,728 times

Advertisements

I think you rented from Roy...he just hasn't been right since the whole tiger attack thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 12:12 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,454,479 times
Pay him in PENNIES!!!!!

Old 08-15-2008, 04:21 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,229,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Pay him in PENNIES!!!!!
I did that once in rent and almost got evicted by the landlord who was royally ticked off. I did it as rebellion for being charged a $30 penalty at the time for late charges. I wasn't late, the landlord was late picking up my rent! So he got the rent and the late charge all in pennies! It was heavy, but well worth it. The late thing never happened again on their part.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:08 AM

6 posts, read 18,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Pay him in PENNIES!!!!!
Oh my gosh you guys that is soooo funny!! I totally wish I had the guts to do something like that, it would be so worth it!! I don't think he can come in while we are not home because we do have an alarm which we set all the time. It just really bums me out that we had this kind of luck with our first renting experience. Oh well, at least we know what to look out for next time.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:14 AM

23,630 posts, read 23,946,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I bet you a few tanks of gas he is coming into your home when your not home.
This sounds like a real possibility. It could probably also get you out of your lease. If that's something you're interested in doing, a nanny-cam would take care of it.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:26 AM

109 posts, read 499,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I did that once in rent and almost got evicted by the landlord who was royally ticked off. I did it as rebellion for being charged a $30 penalty at the time for late charges. I wasn't late, the landlord was late picking up my rent! So he got the rent and the late charge all in pennies! It was heavy, but well worth it. The late thing never happened again on their part.

That is great!
I wish i would have done that to my last slumlord.
what did you do just hand him a sack? did he flip out?

Old 08-15-2008, 11:32 AM
jpk

531 posts, read 1,859,227 times
I'm not a lawyer, but I think it's actually illegal to refuse payment in US currency. You can refuse credit cards or even checks at your liesure. But refusing US dollars in the USA might be against the law. It's the legal tender of the land.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:49 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,032,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk View Post
I'm not a lawyer, but I think it's actually illegal to refuse payment in US currency. You can refuse credit cards or even checks at your liesure. But refusing US dollars in the USA might be against the law. It's the legal tender of the land.
i am not one either [nor do I play one on TV] but you are, I believe, ABSOLUTELY right. ......PENNIES ARE LEGAL TENDER

I had a friend [YEARS ago] that made a Car Dealer in Henderson accept pennies to pay her car off and sat right there while they counted them......made the RJ wayyyyy back in the day

Old 08-15-2008, 11:56 AM

23,630 posts, read 23,946,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk View Post
You can refuse credit cards or even checks at your liesure.
If you accept Visa or Mastercard at your place of business, then you MUST accept it for any transaction. That's per the terms of the merchant agreement. You also cannot charge an additional fee for Visa/MC payments, nor can you impose a minimum purchase. These are all standard in the merchant agreement between a business and Visa/MC. Violating these isn't a criminal act, but it can get your merchant account yanked.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:08 PM

54 posts, read 164,538 times
I am not a lawyer but I am pretty sure he can't give you a 5 day notice, I think it has to be at least 30 days. But if it were me as soon as the lease is up I would get out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas