Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 09:43 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,977,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Culture View Post
Building materials and replacement costs have nothing to do with the price of houses. Houses are worth only what they can be sold for, period. Too many houses were built for too few buyers.

The price declines have just begun.
If money can't be made on houses, they won't be built.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 04:12 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,641,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
rotflmao -- more foreclosures = higher rent rent = money out of your pocket and into mine.. you are throwing your money away and paying for someone elses house and average house under 100k in vegas -- anybody taking bets... i want to get in on that.. will never happen

Never say never. Have you forgotten just 5 years ago when our homes were going up 10% a month? Years prior to that the worlds top experts said they would bet their fortunes that could never happen. And it did !

There are those who would have bet fortunes that there would never be a foreclosure rate like today. They were wrong too !

Fanny and Freddie will always be strong? Those predictions were also wrong.

Banks are in control. Last year 3 banks went belly up. This year 8 have gone belly up and it is only month #9. More to come. They were wrong too.

The housing crunch will get so bad that people rape their once loved homes of every thing inside they can sell. Leave their beloved pets do die. Leave a path of destruction in their wake just to spite the banks who spited them. Nooooo it could never happen. BEEP!!!! Wrong again.

Cant sell your SUV due to gas prices and no one wants them? The only alternative is to take it to the desert and set fire? Nope never happen. BEEP !!!! Wrong again.

So many unemployed that people turn to pulling copper wire from light poles to feed their families? No sir that was in 1928, cant happen ever again. BEEP !!!! Wrong again.

Never say never................

Old 09-01-2008, 04:23 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,184,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Never say never. Have you forgotten just 5 years ago when our homes were going up 10% a month? Years prior to that the worlds top experts said they would bet their fortunes that could never happen. And it did !

There are those who would have bet fortunes that there would never be a foreclosure rate like today. They were wrong too !

Banks are in control. Last year 3 banks went belly up. This year 8 have gone belly up and it is only month #9. More to come. They were wrong too.

The housing crunch will get so bad that people rape their once loved homes of every thing inside they can sell. Leave their beloved pets do die. Leave a path of destruction in their wake just to spite the banks who spited them. Nooooo it could never happen. BEEP!!!! Wrong again.

Cant sell your SUV due to gas prices and no one wants them? The only alternative is to take it to the desert and set fire? Nope never happen. BEEP !!!! Wrong again.

So many unemployed that people turn to pulling copper wire from light poles to feed their families? No sir that was in 1928, cant happen ever again. BEEP !!!! Wrong again.

You are very heavily over dramatizing. Of the REPOs only one in five or so is in even rough shape...one in twenty is a problem. This whole thing involves only a small part of the Las Vegas housing market. It shows no legs except for that subset that bought a home in 2005/2006/2007 or those who refied in that time frame.

The foreclosure problem was not foreseen...but the bubble certainly was. The issue would be how it would correct. Everybody was wrong but actually this way may have been better than the 7 or 8 year recovery of some of the earlier CA bubbles.

Swiping wire has much more to do with the price of copper than the economy.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:48 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,273,923 times
Quote:

Anyone who leaves their pets to die when their home is foreclosed is just a stupid idiot anyway. They have no business having pets if they cannot keep them even in hard times. I would never leave my pets behind for any reason and also look for pet friendly housing as well.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:06 PM

pink you are like me, pets first... incidentally if you travel, LaQuinta hotels accept pets and dont charge extra..

Old 09-01-2008, 09:39 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,940,858 times
Quote:

Wow. I feel like I am in that movie "Omega Man" with Charleton Heston. I better go watch it again so I can gain some survival tips!

Old 09-01-2008, 11:22 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,641,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
pink you are like me, pets first... incidentally if you travel, LaQuinta hotels accept pets and dont charge extra..
Right on Pink and airics !!! Dogs before people in my book. Dont argue with me. I just finished watching several episodes of Houston Animal Cops.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:57 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,484,904 times
Quote:
Right on Pink and airics !!! Dogs before people in my book. Dont argue with me. I just finished watching several episodes of Houston Animal Cops.
cats...on the other hand...

(please don't call PITA...I'm just not a cat-lover)

Old 09-02-2008, 08:45 AM

i cant watch the animal shows, breaks my heart...

Old 09-02-2008, 11:59 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,096,626 times
now I know where I can send my cats for a vacation....... They've always wanted to see Beautiful Upstate NY.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas