U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:18 PM

542 posts, read 1,716,393 times

Advertisements

I went for my interview on Wednesday, sent out thank you email Wednesday afternoon and called this morning to .... follow up. I start Monday morning!! It's 1st shift Mon-Fri and I'm so blessed, happy and thankful!!!!!! It still doesn't seem real!! It won't seem real until Monday morning I guess... or until I get my first check!! lol I have been in Vegas since July 14 and actively looking for work since the 1st week of August. I have NEVER been out of work for this long!!!! I was sending out at least 100 resumes a week. I went to several temp agencies and they never called me. I've been told I was overqualified by several places. It has been a rough few weeks. However through it all I have kept the faith and I feel so blessed!!

WOOOWEEE I'm soooo doing the happy dance right now!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 03:21 PM

3,728 posts, read 8,179,616 times
Big congrats to you movingon...what kind of job did you get?

Happy things are working out well for you!

Old 09-05-2008, 03:21 PM

12 posts, read 15,990 times
Congrats!! I hope things will go that way when I move out there! Did you move and then look for a job? or look online etc.. then move?

Old 09-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Status: "From the country to the city, back to the country." (set 3 days ago)

11,507 posts, read 22,519,172 times
congrats on your job.. i hear you are taking over steve wynn's operations....

Old 09-05-2008, 03:44 PM

15,371 posts, read 33,590,652 times
it takes patience but the jobs are there....Congratulations

Old 09-05-2008, 03:51 PM

542 posts, read 1,716,393 times
I will be an assistant to the sales department. From what I remember the job description sounded interesting even though it wasn't in my field. However I must say I was sending my resume to over 100 jobs a week soooo .... it might have just sounded interesting because it was 3am and my savings was dwindling. lol When they called me for the interview I didn't even remember what job it was because I was applying to so many. After the interview I think it will be a good job. It's the hours I want and the pay isn't horrible plus... I have a job!!! lol At this point I don't have the luxury to turn it down and "wait" on that dream job. I am a firm believer in if it was meant to be it will be.

RY35AN:
I didn't have a job lined up when I moved out here. I looked online and sent out resumes before I moved but I didn't have any luck. I moved here without a job the first 2 weeks I partied like a RockStar THEN realized I'm not a Hilton with an unlimited bank account and was slapped back to reality!! lol When I came to, I started pounding the pavement aka being online from sun up to sun down sending out tons of resumes and filling out 3hr applications online.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:13 PM

1,725 posts, read 2,886,330 times
Great news and congratulations. I remember reading some threads here over the last year about job hunting. The majority of the answers were you had to be living there and it takes about 1-3 months. If you've been actively looking movingon (which definately sounds like you have) looks like about 7 weeks for employment.

Best of luck to you and thanks for the enthusiasm.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Status: "From the country to the city, back to the country." (set 3 days ago)

11,507 posts, read 22,519,172 times
does "needajob" still need a job?

Old 09-05-2008, 04:16 PM

12 posts, read 15,990 times
movingon2vegas, That sounds like what will more than likely end up happening with me (except maybe 1 week of partying LOL) I don't think it will be easy to get a job if my address is still out of state. Your news is encouraging! maybe it's not ALL doom and gloom there.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:22 PM

15,371 posts, read 33,590,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
does "needajob" still need a job?
Needajob is hard core unemployable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or