Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe whoever wins Nov 4 a big difference is immediate for us down the "food chain?&am
Yes, if Obama wins 6 46.15%
Yes, if McCain wins 2 15.38%
No, regardless of who wins 5 38.46%
No, only if justice is renewed by us 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:44 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
First prize is a one week vacation to Arkansas.......2nd prize is a TWO week vacation to Arkansas
You forgot 3rd prize: A lifetime in Arkansas.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I know for a fact Arkansas is growing fast with retirees from all over. It may be coincidence you met many ex Las Vegans there. I been on the road for 3 weeks now enjoying the back roads of America by RV and I can also say I met many many ex Las Vegans in every RV park we stayed so far. Every one of them bar none. I guess we covered 5 states so far. When RVers, especially full timers see a license plate from their old home they will always stop and talk to you. I still have my NV plates on.

This may make some mad but I have not heard one good word from any ex Las Vegan. I'll spare ya the repetitive details. Those relocating to Arkansas and bragging about it now will likely be on here in 5 years cursing it. It's human nature.
Desertsun, you know I like you and all..but I have to say the people you met on the road leaving Las Vegas were predominantly the one's that couldn't cut it here. They may have lost their home's to foreclosure from living beyond their means, and/or they also may have been the ones that sold their home, and moved here without doing their research and then hated it here. Not everyone likes Las Vegas, but to totally blame a city and state for their misery or lack of employment is just playing the blame game. They want to blame someone other than themselves. So they do. Then they feel better. I wish them all luck wherever they go and hope they don't do a repeat over and over til they get it right.
If you see any more on your travels, send them to Arkansas.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
So what do you call a Vegetarian that lives in Vegas?
To answer your question: A vegetarian that lives in Vegas is a vegetarian.
Other's have answered and given you weird answers like vegan. But a Vegan is someone that doesn't eat any animal products at all plus does not wear leather, or use any animal ingredients in any part of their life.
The universal word both vegetarians and vegans use is veg*n. Not sure how you would pronounce that though.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:55 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
There are a lot of Las Vegas wannbes but there will never be another Las Vegas. The only thing that would improve on Las Vegas is if California slides into the ocean and we suddenly have oceanfront property.

Arkansas? What a joke. Even Atlantic City couldn't do it.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:02 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Desertsun, you know I like you and all..but I have to say the people you met on the road leaving Las Vegas were predominantly the one's that couldn't cut it here. They may have lost their home's to foreclosure from living beyond their means, and/or they also may have been the ones that sold their home, and moved here without doing their research and then hated it here. Not everyone likes Las Vegas, but to totally blame a city and state for their misery or lack of employment is just playing the blame game. They want to blame someone other than themselves. So they do. Then they feel better. I wish them all luck wherever they go and hope they don't do a repeat over and over til they get it right.
If you see any more on your travels, send them to Arkansas.
I realize your not putting down those who left LV but perhaps you are generalizing those who did. I am with you that many come to LV looking for paradise and leave even more broke then when they came. But that does not include everyone.

I came to LV more then 10 years ago with zero research and was successful until the great depression #2 hit. I just happen to be in a business that was hit hardest. Then of course I got cyber robbed of my lifes savings last year and never quite recovered. That was not really the fault of LV but it added fuel to the fire.

It's not just people failing Pinkstring, many people just do not like LV. Many loved it just like me but hated what it became over the years. Just as many are fed up with the corruption and high cost of living. Yet even more dont hate LV but just need change in life.

We will not be passing through Arkansas. Nothing about that state thrills me. We are about done with our travel adventures and are heading to our lake to settle.

I think I will just fish till I run out of money.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:14 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,474,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
I like him a lot. But adorable? Eh, I ain't goin' THAT far.
Aaaaah, but to know him is to love him rocco

Oh, and I think PS got it right about Vegans living in Las Vegas...

Old 10-08-2008, 10:28 AM

515 posts, read 1,832,694 times
Default Nike+ Runners/Walkers in Las Vegas???

Gonna throw this out to see if I get any responses. Just checking if there is any Nike+ runners/walkers that participate here on City-Data.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:11 PM

207 posts, read 734,374 times
What about a Vegastarian? Did someone already guess that? haha

Old 10-08-2008, 01:43 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
I haven't heard any stats since the crash, but I think tons of people are still moving to Las Vegas. And if so many are leaving, why is it still growing? Where could you possibly go to that would be better than here? We hear a lot of naysayers arguing about how many people hate it here and are leaving, but why do they ALWAYS come back? I've observed this for 44 years and it never changes. People do leave now and then, but once the reality sets in wherever they are, they can't wait to get back to paradise. I know lots of people who can't even stand to be somewhere else for more than a week.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:25 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,474,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I haven't heard any stats since the crash, but I think tons of people are still moving to Las Vegas. And if so many are leaving, why is it still growing? Where could you possibly go to that would be better than here? We hear a lot of naysayers arguing about how many people hate it here and are leaving, but why do they ALWAYS come back? I've observed this for 44 years and it never changes. People do leave now and then, but once the reality sets in wherever they are, they can't wait to get back to paradise. I know lots of people who can't even stand to be somewhere else for more than a week.
I so agree with you buzz...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas