U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-12-2007, 06:34 PM

32 posts, read 516,632 times
Default Cost of Building a Swimming Pool???

Hi all new guy to this site.

I am looking into buying a new home in Vegas. Was just wondering what it would cost to build a swimming pool with landscaping, say something 5.5 ft' max depth and that looks like below.

http://www.wattersaquatech.com/photos/pool2.jpg

Last edited by scirocco22; 04-16-2008 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: copyright issues
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2007, 07:18 PM

15,757 posts, read 20,291,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartmann View Post
Hi all new guy to this site.

I am looking into buying a new home in Vegas. Was just wondering what it would cost to build a swimming pool with landscaping, say something 5.5 ft' max depth and that looks like below.

Someplace between 75K and 100K. Bob Kovacs can probably get closer but in that range.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Someplace between 75K and 100K. Bob Kovacs can probably get closer but in that range.
thanks. that much? wow.

I still want a deck but what if i take all the rocks away except for that one water fall? and say only keep 2 palm trees. would it be possible to take it down to 50k?

Old 02-13-2007, 03:16 AM

7,860 posts, read 13,750,361 times
That's a high end pool. Looks like PebbleTech?

On top of the price tag, you will also have to wait 3 to 6 months for construction. The cheapest new pool I could find was 30 to 40K.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:40 AM

9,125 posts, read 23,194,989 times
The pool and spa with the beach entry as shown and a Pebble-tec finish will likely run you in the low $40k's. A lot depends on the access into the yard- the narrow it is, the higher the cost (the smaller the excavator). Where you are in the valley also will determine how much caliche or rock gets hit during the excavation, and in some areas of the valley, the soil has a high gypsum content which requires a sprayed-foam liner prior to shotcrete to prevent settlement. The rock could add $2-$5k easily, and the foam would add another $3-4k.

Your rockwork as shown would probably add another $4-6k, and the waterfall would be around $5-7k. The landscaping as shown could easily be $25-30k (remember, we're not seeing the other 1/2 of the yard), as the trees are fairly large. Those large palms can run $2-3k each.

So, all said and done, your around $90k for that backyard.

Bob

Old 02-13-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
The pool and spa with the beach entry as shown and a Pebble-tec finish will likely run you in the low $40k's. A lot depends on the access into the yard- the narrow it is, the higher the cost (the smaller the excavator). Where you are in the valley also will determine how much caliche or rock gets hit during the excavation, and in some areas of the valley, the soil has a high gypsum content which requires a sprayed-foam liner prior to shotcrete to prevent settlement. The rock could add $2-$5k easily, and the foam would add another $3-4k.

Your rockwork as shown would probably add another $4-6k, and the waterfall would be around $5-7k. The landscaping as shown could easily be $25-30k (remember, we're not seeing the other 1/2 of the yard), as the trees are fairly large. Those large palms can run $2-3k each.

Bob

Thanks Bob! I really appreciate your post.

That is a very nice backyard but I don't know if I want to spend $90k for a backyard.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:20 AM

2,909 posts, read 10,108,760 times
Im gonna guess about $8000 for the whole job. I see three palms, they would be like $200 each. The other plants would be from $5 to $50 each. Rocks are everywhere so youd basically only need to pay the costs to transport them to you. If they want too much, id drive out in the desert and take them myself where allowed. To dig a 5 feet pit would need a claw crane that scoops the dirt. Could take a couple days and cost a couple thousand. Then the cement would be another few thousand. Youd also need to pay for labor unless you do the work yourself. Hope this helps.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Im gonna guess about $8000 for the whole job. I see three palms, they would be like $200 each. The other plants would be from $5 to $50 each. Rocks are everywhere so youd basically only need to pay the costs to transport them to you. If they want too much, id drive out in the desert and take them myself where allowed. To dig a 5 feet pit would need a claw crane that scoops the dirt. Could take a couple days and cost a couple thousand. Then the cement would be another few thousand. Youd also need to pay for labor unless you do the work yourself. Hope this helps.
$8000? I only wish that were true.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:05 PM

17,800 posts, read 21,164,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post

Bob

Great post Bob, very informative.
I have a question do you have the same problem in LV as we do in Fla with the pool water getting to warm in the summer ??

One question EricCartmann

If you change your mind and decide to build that pool are we all invited to the opening pool party !!!!!
I could bring the DJ equipment
A friend built one that was very similar in texas and their final bill was close to $100k

Old 02-13-2007, 12:28 PM

9,125 posts, read 23,194,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
Great post Bob, very informative.
I have a question do you have the same problem in LV as we do in Fla with the pool water getting to warm in the summer ??
I don't think I've ever seen the water get "too warm"- it can get up around 80-85 degrees, but that's when it's 110 outside, so it's still "cool" by comparison.

You do have to be careful if you put a solar cover on the pool. These are the bubble-wrap looking things that are meant to extend the swimming season a few weeks at the beginning and end by trapping the sun's heat in the water and raising the temperature slightly. If you use one in the middle of the summer, you could get the water up to around 90. Of course, hottubs/spas are usually set at 100-102, so that's still not as warm as a spa.

Bob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas